Dear Japan,

Fish heads and assholes I can deal with. It's the gooey gelatinous texture of other things that I don't like.

My friend went to Japan on his mission and he took me out for dinner one night at a small, authentic restaurant. We ate a bunch of sushi, had some amazing noodles, and then the night went bad. He told me that if I could keep live squid down he would pay for my meal. He also let me know exactly how rude it would be considered if I threw up at the table.

Everyone lost that night.

You guys are such women. From now on, if I see you at the urinals I'm going to comment on how you're in the wrong bathroom.

What about urchin? Oh wait, let me guess. "My uncultured, womanlike tongue can't handle taste of that magnitude."

Aw I do like Longo's strong liking to Japan. It is prety damn cool.

Saying that - Sea urchin?! The spiky things?! Youre joking there right?

Well, I like a lot of it because it's good. If we're talking about Japan in general, there's a LOT they do wrong. Hell, even their food isn't all good. Tempura is pretty eh.

But I loooooooove unagi, and I like tako, and ika is alright.

And yeah, sea urchin, aka uni. It's somewhat expensive, VERY rich, and I'm sure most people here wouldn't like it, but it's a good way to finish off a meal.

And I also just like to eat fun stuff. Like in China, how I ate eel, scorpions, and snake.

Dear japan,

Am i too late to write letters to you?

I mean the others seemed to have moved on now to their usual brawling...

Am i that slow?

Sincerely Lien

PS: Bring more pockys!

danielrbischoff said:
Eel, squid, and octopus is disgusting.

Properly made they taste amazing. Most of the disgust you feel is all in your mind.

Like snails. I can see why people would get disgusted by the thought of it, but oh man do they taste good with garlic. Same thing with all kind of bugs and insects.

Affen said:
danielrbischoff said:
Eel, squid, and octopus is disgusting.

Properly made they taste amazing. Most of the disgust you feel is all in your mind.

Like snails. I can see why people would get disgusted by the thought of it, but oh man do they taste good with garlic. Same thing with all kind of bugs and insects.

Squid isn't that bad, but it aint great either.

It still falls under the "All japanese food sucks" umbrella, though. I am usually good when it comes to trying new food, but Japanese food is the only time where tried to eat something and couldn't force myself to finish it. Not all food is bad, of course, but I have yet to try a japanese dish where I was like "Damn this is awesome, give me some more!"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle