Is the DOA series sexist?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Not sure

• Total voters
I've been wondering if anybody on the forums think that whether or not the Dead or Alive series could be considered as 'sexist'.

Yeah, it objectifies women. But at least there are games now with heroic female protagonists.

Well, lets see....... impossible-chested asian girls in next to no clothing fighting....with high amounts of simulated jiggle...made by a guy with a past of sexual harassment....

great game though!

I can understand why DOA can be considered sexist, but in my opinion, I think that it empowers women in a couple of ways. One, it shows that women (in DOA) can be as strong and powerful as the guys in DOA. If it was really sexist, the women would be the weakest characters in the roster. I also see that it breaks the stereo-type that strong women are ugly and unnatractive. In my opinion, DOA shows that women can be beautiful and powerful at the same time. Although, I do think that the Volleyball games could be considered sexist, however.

In my opinion dead or alive is Dead, it's been focusing to much on the female characters and as a fighting game it doesnt bring nothing new, the game is pure eye candy...but other than that it has fallen to be consider a generic fighting game, the first 2 games were ok but not great...

I don't think it is sexist. The fact that the game revolves around strong women does mean something. If the women we weak, wearing no clothing, and dancing to hip-hop music while throwing a pillow at Ryu, then mabye.

Lentium said:
Well, lets see....... impossible-chested asian girls in next to no clothing fighting....with high amounts of simulated jiggle...made by a guy with a past of sexual harassment....

Yeah, I can see how it can be considered sexist for the above reasons.

It's a lot like Tomb Raider in that regard.

It's not entirely bad as some people have pointed out, the females are on equal footing in terms of fighting ability which is good. I mean in real life women are almost always seperated in professional events, even non-contact sports like golf which doesn't make much sense to me.

Sexist? No. Just marketing. The target audience is (wild guess here) men (or more likely 15 year old boys). Men tend to play more videogames than women and men generally like boobs. Put two and two together (maybe the wrong wording...). I suppose it can be considered sexist, though. Perhaps the developer thinks you can slap a giant pair on anything and sell it, or maybe he is just some strange artist creepily fawning over his "daughters". Ah, what the hell. The game is sexist.

Nevertheless, I just try to remain laid back toward these sort of things. Realistically, I only played a DOA game once and it was as a female Spartan.

Hey, if you want a game with a strong female lead, a female Spartan in a Halo game would be ideal, if you don't mind the horde of Master Chief fanboys who will foam at the mouth and slaughter the innocent as a result.

Isn't sexism the belief that one sex is superior to another? In terms of, and strictly of, the game, both sexes fight equally as well, so not sexist. But the Extreme games and Volleyball, yeah, sexist.

That was supposed to be short. Kay, I'm done.

Sexism is not just a belief that one sex is better than another, it can also be a perceived stereotype of what the qualities of a particular sex should be. In DOA all the women are young, pretty, and have big tits, and sadly not all women do.

It doesn't bother me, I'm a fan of DOA2, but the games have gone downhill since then. DOA is no longer known as a fighting game, but.... that game with the chicks with the big tits. Better than being forgotton I guess....

Since Ninja isn't considered a "sex" per se, I'd say no, it is not sexist. But man, that game exploits and objectifies ninjas almost as bad as any American Ninja movie.

I don't think it really matters if the games are sexist or not because they simply suck balls. Um, not literally.

I mean I really don't see the point in getting off on video game girls. I don't think there is anything wrong with eye candy but to actually get off on CGI women?

You have an internet connection, use it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod