Datass Effect Question

De-Ting

Rookie
1oxhzcnm.jpg

I can recall playing a demo for either Mass Effect 2 or 3 that gave you the option to have both Kaidan and Ashley alive. I've finally gotten around to Mass Effect 1 and I've just found out that's impossible to achieve. So now I'm wondering if that choice is in the full game(s). If it is then what the hell?

Mass Effect 2 is free right now on PS+, so I wanted to finish the first one before I gave that a go. I installed a full controller support mod and hacked my credits to make it bearable and move it along quickly, but when I got to the Virmire mission I couldn't help but question everything I thought I knew. I mean the groundwork for the 'both live' option is obviously there, with all the optional objectives and an unused audio file proving it. Saving Kaidan at the bomb site is the most sensible course of action, but the inability to save them both seems like hogwash after you've done everything you can to make it a possibility.

Douche move, BioWare.

I saved Kaiden.

On a logical level, Kaiden was the right choice to save because he was the one protecting the bomb, while Ashley was essentially a decoy to prolong the enemy from reaching said bomb.

On a more personal level, I don't really like Ashley. I understand she develops further as a character but I just don't like how much of a racist she is towards aliens.

Kaiden's okay. He is a bit annoying, but he does have his funny moments. I think he's a better combatant due to his biotic abilities.

I saved Ashley on my first run, was trying to romance her and didn't want her to die. And with Kaiden and his biotics, I was a full-on Adept, which was the only adept we needed due to being it being a hilariously OP class if you went Bastion. Probably OP with the other class upgrade.

But I agree on her being terribly racist.

I saved Ashley. Kaiden admitted that his out of date neural implant caused him migraines and other nasty effects.

Sourdeez said:
I saved Ashley. Kaiden admitted that his out of date neural implant caused him migraines and other nasty effects.
His story about breaking his instructor's neck after he broke his friend's arm made me a fan.

And yeah, Ashley's totally a racist alcoholic, but she dies well. I can respect her for that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod