Consoles vs. PCs

Which system do you prefer to play games on

• Console

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
kapow said:
^o yea, my friend has his pc hooked up to his 40 inch hi-def LCD tv, its pretty nice. granted, he mostly plays WOW which doesn't really do his tv justice, but it's really his leather couch which makes it
I hooked this thing up to the 50'' 1080p plasma downstairs (my parents use it to watch foxtel! aurgh! waste FTL!) and played Crysis at 1920x1080..
gawd it looked good..
albeit, i did only get 18FPS, it was still absolutely beautiful.

consoles for me...

Though i prefer a pc for FPS. but mouse and keyboard support is making that a thing of the past......

i am terrible with computers, and i dont feel like upgrading my computer only to find out everything i put in it is useless to me or is no good. thats why i prefer consoles i am a computer noob.

PC. I can game be gaming, run into a snag, alt tab out, change playlists and look up a walkthrough or code, alt tab back into the game and be on my way in 30 seconds. To those of you who feel they need to upgrade their PC every 6 months, that's pretty ridiculous. You only need to upgrade the things once every 3-4 years if you treat them right and don't need to run games at the highest settings. I've had the same PC since 3 years ago, and can still play all my favorite games, including Oblivion, at high settings, and, yes, run Crysis on medium settings (which seems to be the benchmark for computer power at the moment).

For those who prefer consoles over PCs due to the cost of system upgrades, if you had a high peformance PC, would you still prefer console games?

Lord_Fornelius said:
For those who prefer consoles over PCs due to the cost of system upgrades, if you had a high peformance PC, would you still prefer console games?
If you were paying for it.

Navy_Seal said:
A console because you feel more into a game.
nahh, that's an epic fail right there.

fail1.jpg

If you had a gaming PC that could handle newer games already, why bother buying a console?

besides, although PC's cost more..there are many more reasons to buy one over a console.

Yet where are the games...on the consoles. And that's why we game. I would buy a power house PC if there was something worthwhile I could make use of it. While I've never had as many games for one system as I currently do for the 360, and the Wii collection isn't too shabby either. Don't ask about my PS3 games..I'm still waiting on the payoff on that purchase.

PC of course. If you look at the huge amount of older, fantastic PC games that don't require a monster rig to run, you should realize that consoles are far inferior. The majority of the best games ever are on PC, or can be gotten to work with a PC.

JCD said:
The majority of the best games ever are on PC, or can be gotten to work with a PC.
I don't know...the PC game sections at most all stores have had the same games for....3 years?

You can build a gaming system capable of handling Crysis on High settings at 1280 resolution for around $550. Of course it would also be able to max out CoD4, Oblivion, BioShock, etc. I'm not including monitor or speakers in the price since consoles don't give you display or sound either. It's not thousands of dollars by any means. But I agree that games are limiitted on PCs. If the game library were the exact same, I would never game on consoles. Therefore I vote PC, but I play both. I choose PC on multiplatform games almost all the time, except for when they launch first on console and I don't want to wait.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod