CODE: Veronica X

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by used44, Sep 29, 2011.

1. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Is the HD version of this game worth the $20 pricetag for somebody who hasn't played Code Veronica before? I know it's of the oldschool RE vein, and the controls are wonky as ever so I don't want to be too turned off. But I do enjoy RE and missed out before.

It's now available on the Xbox and PSN marketplaces.

2. TheDiesel

TheDiesel Rookie

Don't let the HD tag fool you, it's just a resolution boost to 1080p. It's not very updated in terms of Graphics.

Same issue with RE4 "HD".

3. cyberjim2000

cyberjim2000 Veteran

I have the game for the PS2. If you haven't played the game before and enjoy the older RE titles then you should get Code: Veronica X.

4. StickyGreenGamer

Indeed. I had it for the Dreamcast when it first came out, found it to be one of the more challenging REs that I have played. Never beat it. Not sure I ever got past the first island. Going to be picking this up, fo sho.

Creepy house....I'm home!!

5. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

Yes, it's worth getting if you like RE. Spoiler Alert: at the end you have to escape a place that's about to blow up...

6. StickyGreenGamer

There wouldn't happen to be any huge, super zombies in this game are there? I hate giant, super, tyrannical zombies.

7. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

It's been a long time since I played it but I'm pretty sure it's just the old school zombies/dogs/crows etc that you'd find in RE 1-3. There are quite a few annoying bosses though.