CODE: Veronica X

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Is the HD version of this game worth the $20 pricetag for somebody who hasn't played Code Veronica before? I know it's of the oldschool RE vein, and the controls are wonky as ever so I don't want to be too turned off. But I do enjoy RE and missed out before.

It's now available on the Xbox and PSN marketplaces.

Don't let the HD tag fool you, it's just a resolution boost to 1080p. It's not very updated in terms of Graphics.

Same issue with RE4 "HD".

I have the game for the PS2. If you haven't played the game before and enjoy the older RE titles then you should get Code: Veronica X.

cyberjim2000 said:
I have the game for the PS2. If you haven't played the game before and enjoy the older RE titles then you should get Code: Veronica X.

Indeed. I had it for the Dreamcast when it first came out, found it to be one of the more challenging REs that I have played. Never beat it. Not sure I ever got past the first island. Going to be picking this up, fo sho.

Creepy house....I'm home!!

Yes, it's worth getting if you like RE. Spoiler Alert: at the end you have to escape a place that's about to blow up...

WickedLiquid said:
Yes, it's worth getting if you like RE. Spoiler Alert: at the end you have to escape a place that's about to blow up...

There wouldn't happen to be any huge, super zombies in this game are there? I hate giant, super, tyrannical zombies.

It's been a long time since I played it but I'm pretty sure it's just the old school zombies/dogs/crows etc that you'd find in RE 1-3. There are quite a few annoying bosses though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle