Cloverfield Review

Did you enjoy Cloverfield?

• Yes, it rawked me sawckzors and I want to impregnate it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it is terrible. Abrams should die in a ditch and have his firstborn son killed for making it

• ...Meh

• Total voters
I saw it yesterday, and I thought it was kind of pointless. Less of a horror film (not scary at all) and more of a convoluted love story. I still don't see how Rob's girlfriend got impaled and acted like it never happened once she was rescued (after like FIVE hours of lying there)! Also, if you consider the slope of the building, that pipe, or whatever it was, must have been pushing up or down through her the whole time. Besides, you aren't supposed to take things stuck in your body out like they did. If you can live with it for the moment, keep it in. Things like character invulnerability really annoy me.
Also, I found the cameraman to be extremely dumb and annoying. He was funny sometimes, but only because he was so stupid. It's fine for the "comic relief" I suppose, but I don't want the Fool to be my narrator.
Also, I appreciate the creativity behind the shaky camera, but I was sitting pretty far back in the theatre, and still ended up with a headache.
I feel that the movie was extremely limited by its single camera aspect, so a good, developed, multidimensional plot could not be developed. Cloverfield worked well, however, with the gimmick it had, and the storyline (and whatever you make of it) was quite good.

Yeah, I didn't think it was that good.

So what was that hint?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod