Cloverfield Review

Did you enjoy Cloverfield?

• Yes, it rawked me sawckzors and I want to impregnate it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it is terrible. Abrams should die in a ditch and have his firstborn son killed for making it

• ...Meh

• Total voters

MasterSpoon

Rookie
I have to say, Cloverfield is not for everyone. Out of the 6 people I went with, only 2 of them liked it. But for those of you who watch it and like it, it should make your best movies of 2007-08. You need to have to want to think about the storyline to really enjoy it. Invent your own ideas. The Stephen King book, Skeleton Crew ( Recently made into a Movie by the name of The Mist) Is reminecent of this movie. It gives you no clue as to how this happened, leaving you up to your own ideas and dark sinister thoughts and general mind-shenanigans.
The Shaky camera may throw some people off, but it's not too bad in my opinion. The audio is amazing and I surprisingly cared about the Characters... mainly the Camera guy because he was just awsome. The actualy monster in the movie is shown quite a bit - opposite to what the Cloverfield detractors say- and by the end of the movie I was able to piece what the monster looked like together. The hwole movie captures the essence of terror you would probably feel, watching your friends die one by one as this monster pillages your city and rapes your women.

In Conclusion, I say everyone should see this movie despite what your friends say about it being terrible because you really need to see it for yourself to understand. I hope this review moves you onto going to watch Cloverfield, (Despite me jumping topics left right and centeroctopus) because it's a great piece of entertainment in my opinion.

I think its very much like a roller coaster with its shakey cam and nature. Some people will get a real thrill out of it, others will feel like throwing up and complain the loudest.

Luckily I'm a fan of roller coasters.

I honestly was not impressed by the story, the filming, the acting, or anything about it. I saw it in Imax, 5th row, as far to the right as possible because I decided to take my girlfriend to dinner beforehand like a moron, and we got horrible seats. I imagine that if I was farther back in the theater, I would've enjoyed it more, but it felt like my head was being raped by the camera. The shakiness was worse than Blair Witch Project.

I had a headache the entire way home, and I love rollercoasters.

DoubleCut said:
I honestly was not impressed by the story, the filming, the acting, or anything about it. I saw it in Imax, 5th row, as far to the right as possible because I decided to take my girlfriend to dinner beforehand like a moron, and we got horrible seats. I imagine that if I was farther back in the theater, I would've enjoyed it more, but it felt like my head was being raped by the camera. The shakiness was worse than Blair Witch Project.

I had a headache the entire way home, and I love rollercoasters.

Yeah, me and my friends arrived like 2 hours early and got good seats. I'm sure that I wouldn't have loved the movie as much if I was in the front row.

MasterSpoon said:
The Stephen King book, Skeleton Crew ( Recently made into a Movie by the name of The Mist) Is reminecent of this movie. It gives you no clue as to how this happened, leaving you up to your own ideas and dark sinister thoughts and general mind-shenanigans.

the mist is only one of many storys in the collection that is called skeleton crew. i have yet to see the movie, but in the story, while the ending was left up to the readers imagination, the origin of the mist was pretty much explained.

as for cloverfield, it seems everyones main complaint was the bouncy handheld camera view. why complain? besides the monster, that was the movies main gimmick and has been advertised as such since july. take some ginger root beforehand and enjoy.

Just saw it tonight. Meh. Not bad, but nothing spectacular either. I guess it'd get a reccomendation from me to at least go see it so one can make their own opinions, but I'm not going to say it was anything special.

Then again, I was a bit preoccupied (see my soon-to-be-made topic), so that may be why.

madster111 said:
Anyone else see the 'hint' near the end of it?

Yeah I saw that. Maybe a sequel taking place before the first movie, or maybe just the same vid but seen from the view of someone else in the city? Either way I'd go see the sequel =D Thanks for all the posts ppl, I can tell my friends I wasn;t the only one in the world who liked the movie =/

MasterSpoon said:
madster111 said:

Yeah I saw that. Maybe a sequel taking place before the first movie, or maybe just the same vid but seen from the view of someone else in the city? Either way I'd go see the sequel =D Thanks for all the posts ppl, I can tell my friends I wasn;t the only one in the world who liked the movie =/

i too went with 6 other people and only one didn't like it, and it's because she was too motion sick. everyone else thought it was extremely badass and unexpected, including myself. i'm going to watch it again thurs.

intoTheRain said:
MasterSpoon said:
madster111 said:

i too went with 6 other people and only one didn't like it, and it's because she was too motion sick. everyone else thought it was extremely badass and unexpected, including myself. i'm going to watch it again thurs.

Good call, my friend =D

I thought it was awesome. The camera could have shaken less during the scenes where they are running through the streets, but it really added something during the action/suspense parts. Seeing the subway scene in that perspective put it up there with the best horror scenes ever imo. But only because it was filmed with a hand-cam.

I think if they did a sequel i might like to see it as a regular movie type format, but if they made it like this again I would still see a sequel to it.

And the Star Trek teaser was awesome.

lokness said:
madster111 said:

What hint?

Anyone else disappointed by the lack of tities in the opening scene, f*** that girl was hot!

yeah but... alot of Movies dissapointed me that way... All the Harry Potter movies, any movie starring Stallone and that movie that depicted Oprah as a crack addicted turtle.

Me and my pal walked out around half way through. We had terrible seats, very close to the screen, and I was feeling pretty dizzy. I'll wait for the DVD to finish it. Or Blu Ray or whatever. But what I saw was definitely entertaining, I'd recommend it to those who haven't seen it, but sit further back if you can.

It was really gooooood.

Best movie of the year, lol. I bet production compaines love releasing films in January so people can say that.

Don_Gero said:
Me and my pal walked out around half way through. We had terrible seats, very close to the screen, and I was feeling pretty dizzy. I'll wait for the DVD to finish it. Or Blu Ray or whatever. But what I saw was definitely entertaining, I'd recommend it to those who haven't seen it, but sit further back if you can.
Don't get it on DVD. You won't be able to tell what is happening. You pretty much have to see it at theatres or at your rich friends house who has a 10000000000000 inch TV because his Dad hit it big in the competitive Waffle Iron Industry.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle