Can we get the awesome word censors back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it as decided that the *'s were "cooler".

However, as with (most) everything, ya'll can have your say too...enough people disagree/have their own suggestions, let's hear it, & maybe we can play around a little.

CloacalKiss said:
we're all adults here, why should our curse words be made to seem like a child's play thing?

Because we're not all adults here. Thirteen is the minimum age requirement (unfortunatly there isn't one for IQ), and last I checked in the last week we had two members celebrating their thirteenth birthdays. After being at GR for quite some time.

They're not censored because it makes it fucking impossible to curse up a shit-storm, but because it GR's laibility. You want some over-protective mother trying to close down the site because we "endorse deviant behaviour" by not trying to do something?

"Won't somebody please think of the children!"

Screw the children. I just dont wanna read a constant stream of curse words in topics. The children are the ones that curse left and right anyway.

But I do like the old censoring system. Why did you guys take it away? :(

ytmnd.com is doing just fine without censoring. Well, I mean they haven't been sued by angry Bible-rubbing mothers yet.

I thought it sounded so stupid and annoying when I would read posts of people in an angry ranting mood and suddenly I saw 'poopies' pop-up. Personally, I didn't think it was so funny, just annoying.
The only word replacement that I loved was 'minority friend of mine'

trust_no_one said:
CloacalKiss said:
we're all adults here, why should our curse words be made to seem like a child's play thing?

Because we're not all adults here. Thirteen is the minimum age requirement (unfortunatly there isn't one for IQ), and last I checked in the last week we had two members celebrating their thirteenth birthdays. After being at GR for quite some time.

>_>

<_<

Frozen said:
Screw the children.

:(

I thought the other filter was pretty funny. But some of you do have a point. A good idea would be to keep some words as asteriks and then change some to "minority friend of mine" and that kinda stuff, if u can do that. Since people like both types of filter, why not kind of integrate them. Or, an other thing that could work would be have an option in Settings to change the filter to however u want it. Let it be asteriks, funny words like cuddle-wuddles, or maybe even no filter. people would be able to change how they see the curse words. I'm not sure if that would be possible, or if it would be a ton of work, but it would be cool.

For some reason this really bothers me. F*cking becomes **** under the censor, as does motherf*ck. It should be ****ing and mother****, or at least ******* and **********.

phpBB censoring is really shitty. They should have their technical techy guy make a new censoring thingy from scratch.

cuddle-wuddles this bull-poopies then... I'm going to sensor myself however I cuddle-wuddles want to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle