Best short story wins a steam copy of Torchlight 2.

Silios

Rookie
I had original intended on giving a copy away to Icepick, but he's on a Mac and there's no release date for Mac yet.

That being said, he gave me a great idea.

So here's to you Icepick.

RULES:

1. Your story has to be over 100 words and less than 300.

2. Plagiarizers will not be tolerated.

3. I will pick my favorite story on August 30th (my birthday) and PM the writer for their Steam username)

SOME NOTES:

The more clever your story is, the more likely I'll pick it. I'm writer myself, but I'm not a grammar nazi. So long as the story is readable I'll give it the same merit as any other story.

The other copy was offered to Longo, he hasn't PM'd me back yet. So if he turns down his copy, then there will be two winners in this topic.

Good luck, and remember. The story never changes, only the story teller.

Thanks again for the offer, I just have no way of utilizing it :(

But kudos to giving to the Gr community

Man, I would love a copy, but I'm a shitty writer. Well, I'm a shitty creative writer. I can write essays for days, but if I have to write a story, I'm screwed.

NickKmet said:
Man, I would love a copy, but I'm a shitty writer. Well, I'm a shitty creative writer. I can write essays for days, but if I have to write a story, I'm screwed.

Best way to get better is to practice. But tell you what, you write me at least 100 word story that you put effort in and if Longo doesn't want his copy, the second copy is yours.

Over 100 words and less than 300.

Now that I've won, I've already got it preordered, so you'll have to pick someone else. ;)

Mod-Chip said:
Sure I'll give it a shot. Do we just submit it down here?

Just post it in this topic. Come August 30th I'll contact the winner via PM and I will edit my first post announcing who won and the runner ups. I'll also give an in depth review of of my favorites. What I thought made them clever and entertaining.

I've been out on the road for the past, like, day and didn't notice I had a pm.

Give my copy to the second place winner instead, and I'll jump into the contest with everyone else when I can.

Once upon a time there was a man named Wes who didn't have a steam account so his story was only one sentence.

The End

danielrbischoff said:
http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto/write-a-short-story-and-win-a-copy-of-torchlight-2-14055

Thanks Daniel, hopefully by next week this topic will be flooded with short stories by talented writers.

I actually love to write stories so I whipped something up. But it's over 900 words and I don't know how to cut out 2/3rds of it. Bleh

WickedLiquid said:
it's over 900
133536201262.gif

I know, I write a lot of short stories but they never end up being "short".

I don't know, I can't cut anything out of it. Since it's too long it's not eligible to win. But I wrote it for you guys and it'll help get the ball rolling...

Last Night

There’s nothing worse than being woken up in the middle of night. I was happily asleep in my bed when suddenly my phone rang. My ring tone was a Beatles song; one of my favorite Beatles songs. Over the past few years I found myself listening to it often and being reminded of my youthful years, of better days.

My eyes slowly focused on the time, it was 2:30am. I had to be up in 3 hours for work, who the hell is calling me? The number was unlisted, which means one of two things. My 16-year-old daughter has snuck out again while I was asleep and something terrible has happened. Or it’s just my ex wife, drunk-dialing me again and blocking her number.

I took a deep breath and answered the phone. “Hello?â€

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle