Batman: Arkham Asylum

FrozenBacon

Veteran
Why is this game so awesome? Seriously, it roxxorz my soxxorz. First time in a long time that I played a game till 4 in the morning.

I declare that all games be compared to this game now.

Also, is there any real benefit to the game's story if you solve the riddler's puzzles? I don't look for most of them because I can't be bothered to look in every nook and cranny of every area.

You get XP for upgrades plus when you solve them all you get a transmission, not to mention solving who the spirit of Arkham is. The only thing that turned me off was the challenges. I can't wait for the second one just for Two Face

Ugh was a huge turn off for me. Ohhhhhhhhhh SNAP!!!

But seriously, this game is just so much fun and easily the best Batman in a long time.

As King and Ugh mentioned, the only two real faults of the game are the Challenge rooms (specifically the combat ones) and the over-use of Detective mode. Also, the boss battles could be more diverse (the final bosses are really disappointing).

Otherwise, this is one of my favorite games of this generation.

And I personally found the Riddler challenges to be incredibly fun to find.

I got it in 3D. The effects are cool, but everything gets blurry and ugh-ly (I went there.)

Whoever designed the combat is worthy of a Nobel prize, and every time my siblings and I find a question mark on a sign or something, we say "RIDDLER PUZZLE SOLVED!"

i beat this game so hard that i got the platinum trophy. and i still play the fuck out of it. got it so memorized that i don't even need detective vision anymore.

It was really good. Honestly, though, it could've been improved a little bit. Boss battles were too many Bullfights and Batarang spams, and the basic combat was pretty much your standard mash one button with every third press or so on another button affairs. Still, overall it was pretty great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle