Awesome Games Done Quick 2014

UrbanMasque said:
Green_Lantern said:
No way they would make much, unless they're one of the MAJOR Youtubers or a highly competitive StarCraft player.

Thats the hidden card though that no one wants to share - from what I've seen they couldn't possibly make more than 15k a year unless they are a starcraft player.. a WINNING starcraft player. What about the majority of Twitchers? What are they making? What are the outliers on both ends and what are the avgs?
Part time jobs would be my guess.

Blindfolded punch-out and super punch-out were really impressive. Punch-out blindfolded run was ended by Tyson, but the other guy got all the way trough super punch-out.

Glitches are one of the best parts in speedruns. What's the fun in playing the game normally if you can bend the games boundaries in weird or hilarious ways? But it really depends on the game.

It's not just monetizing stuff either. Some of them have a pay for a subscription to their channel which is usually $4.99. Imagine if that person only made a quarter of that and had 1 million subscribers. That right there is over a million dollars. I'm not saying I have seen it before or know the percentage rate of what you get for selling subscriptions, I'm just saying there's people making money.
Affen said:
Blindfolded punch-out and super punch-out were really impressive. Punch-out blindfolded run was ended by Tyson, but the other guy got all the way trough super punch-out.
Sinister got to Tyson this time? Impressive. I remember last year he had to take the blindfolds off by Bald Bull.

Working full time without access to internet/streaming is rough... I missed most of it, but definitely donated in for that beautiful stained glass, which I guess I didn't win. Haha.

I'm disappointed my comment didn't get read, but that's okay... I think that's my biggest complaint about this year, that the comments were so sparse, and that people seemed to only care when a large donation came in. It's just that people should give merit where it really is someone giving a lot of their relative earnings. Applaud for the kid who gives half of his allowance, instead of for $1k that comes from some group of businesses. /rant

I might go back and watch a bunch of the runs. I missed so many... And the Mario Party party! :)

Ugh, are you sure that's Naegleria? I heard there was an awful lookalike who is just as big of an asshole. I seriously, seriously hate that guy... I can't even begin.

Sightless said:
I might go back and watch a bunch of the runs. I missed so many... And the Mario Party party! :)

Ugh, are you sure that's Naegleria? I heard there was an awful lookalike who is just as big of an asshole. I seriously, seriously hate that guy... I can't even begin.
I enjoyed Breakdown's run of No One Can Stop Mr.Domino, it gave me a some laughter. In fact, I followed Breakdown on Twitter. Can't believe he lives in the Pittsburgh area.

Oh, and I'm positive that was Naegleria. Somebody also game him a shoutout donation few minutes after I took that screen.

Theyre starting to upload them to Youtube now. The super monkey ball 2 race is up. I was so sad I missed that. I watched it, and it was AWESOME!

Yeah, Festy told me the other day that the Viewtiful Joe one just went up. Wanted to watch that. We could have a Skype viewing party if you want, whenever you're free!

A splendid idea! I usually watch them before I go to sleep. So everytime I watch one, I'll log into chat haha!

Cant this weekend though, I'm celebrating Chinese New Year in Chinatown Yaaaay! Where I'm going to eat in a Korean restaurant!

I may watch Banjo-Kazooie tonight and/or Spyro: Year of the Dragon. Probably both!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod