Awesome Games Done Quick 2014

It's not just gamers. Lots of people support this, because it's a funding the Prevent Cancer Foundation. Seriously, I'm a little disappointed nobody at GR wrote an article to aware people of this event.

all these nerds have Carrot Top Syndrome. That freckly red-head kid spends about as much time in the gym as he does playing Mega Man X, apparently.

UghRochester said:
It's not just gamers. Lots of people support this, because it's a funding the Prevent Cancer Foundation. Seriously, I'm a little disappointed nobody at GR wrote an article to aware people of this event.
Seconded.

DAN! Move your butt!

Starfox 64 - 44 mins.

fx51aM6.gif

Haha, I think the same. Reminds me of my uni years when I'd game hours on end without a care in the world. Now I have to think about adult stuff :(

Bretimus_v2 said:
I hate these people and their obvious access to free time.
Too be honest, some of these runners get paid for monetizing their stuff on Twitch. That kinda makes me jelly.

There are parts that are definitely totally unwatchable. The guys doing Donkey Kong Country speedruns last night were horrible. Forget what game it was the other night but everyone seemed a little drunk or high. Then there are parts where they have a clear idea of what glitches they wanna show, they start a race under the guise of beating the other player, and then spend the 20 minutes they don't need because they over estimated breaking the game as horrifyingly as possible.

Welcome to the death of television, folks. This is the future of watching anything, especially if someone were to start "Let's Watch" where you stream commentary to TV shows and movies.

I agree. Though as far as I know, there's exploit speed runs and no exploit speed runs.

The latter are much more exciting.

UghRochester said:
Bretimus_v2 said:
I hate these people and their obvious access to free time.
Too be honest, some of these runners get paid for monetizing their stuff on Twitch. That kinda makes me jelly.

How much can they possibly make doing this? Enough to sustain themselves outside of .. wait for it.. mommy's basement?

They can't possible generate a living doing this? Give me some examples?

No way they would make much, unless they're one of the MAJOR Youtubers or a highly competitive StarCraft player.

Longo_2_guns said:
I agree. Though as far as I know, there's exploit speed runs and no exploit speed runs.

The latter are much more exciting.

Totally agree

Green_Lantern said:
No way they would make much, unless they're one of the MAJOR Youtubers or a highly competitive StarCraft player.

Thats the hidden card though that no one wants to share - from what I've seen they couldn't possibly make more than 15k a year unless they are a starcraft player.. a WINNING starcraft player. What about the majority of Twitchers? What are they making? What are the outliers on both ends and what are the avgs?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod