April Fools, Mofos!

Dan, did Duke ever tell you guys about the infamous GR Forums April Fool's Day prank?

Best April Fool's Day Prank on GR?

April 1st
TNO: "I'm no longer a mod"
GR: "Yeah right, this is an April Fools Day joke."

April 2nd
TNO: "I'm still no longer a mod."
GR: "Uh, TNO, you do realise in order to pull a prank for April Fools it has to be on the 1st, right?"

April 3rd
TNO: "Guys I'm serious! I'm no longer a mod! See!"
GR: "Wow, maybe he was telling the truth?"

April 7th
TNO: "HAHAHA I GOTCHA! I GOT ALL OF YA! APRIL FOOLZ!"
GR: "...that's not an April Fools DAY Prank TNO..."
TNO: "You guys just jealous, I keeps it real! For real!"

:mrgreen: gweheheh

Okay, GR's April Fools tradition. I'd love to be the guy who explained it more thoroughly, but I missed some key GR foolery and it just wouldn't be right if I tried filling in the blanks.

I'll just say that every April 1st, dUKE and the guys would run a joke on GR ranging in scale from the very small to the very large.

I'd love to hear someone explain it better. Like I said, I'm missing some key ingredients here!

ill give the short and sweet version. Many moons ago The GMs and mods of the forums staged a hacking of the site. It started of as a spammer threatening to hack the site and such and then on April 1st the boards went into chaos as the "hacker" ran wild on the forums causing trouble. Then a few users took advantage of the situation saying their accounts had been hacked and urging others to change their emails connected to their accounts because of all the takeovers going on so a few of us gullible fools were hoodwinked into doing that and were locked out of our accounts for awhile. It was during a time when the boards were much more lively and active. Probably the best time the boards have ever seen.

I think I said last year that April Fool's Day is dead for me, because everything is completely expected.

"Somebody throw a pie for Pete's sake!"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle