Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• To an extent

• Corny Poll Option Placeholder

• Total voters
Games I'm excited for: Lollipop Chainsaw.

That's about it. And even then, it's only due to a Suda love.

But whateva. I'm too tired to care right now. I'll get some decent old games, some beers, and watch the end of this generation as a man would watch the nuclear apocalypse.

I've been excited more about HD collections than new games. That's probably a sign of me missing the good ol' days, but MGS Collection and Silent Hill Collection are my gaming life at the mo. The game I'm looking forward to the most is Bioshock Infinite.

From the upcoming games Ni No Kuni has me interested.

There's also many games on 3DS I would like to play, but I don't really feel like getting a 3DS.

My mind is blown by Battlefield 3.

I think the last single player FPS I actually enjoyed and finished was Far Cry.

I got online and played some BF3 last night, they've actually rounded out the experience a bit. I kinda wish someone round here would play co-op missions with me though.

hint hint

used44 said:
Your mind is blown by the Battlefield 3 singleplayer!?!?

No nonono

Oh sorry I should just be negative, over analyze it and hate on it so i can fit in better with this thread :lol:

I for one am loving video games again, I'm so excited for my new PC and the games on the horizon.

Yes, I am LOVING the battlefield 3 campaign. The unbelievable visuals and sound don't hurt. I'm sure I wouldn't be near as into it if I were playing it on a console.

And btw, I recommend Sennheiser PC360 headphones for anyone with some spare change. Not cheap at 229.99 (279.99 some places), but worth every penny.

Bretimus_v2 said:
I got online and played some BF3 last night, they've actually rounded out the experience a bit. I kinda wish someone round here would play co-op missions with me though.

hint hint

u have it for PC?

intoTheRain said:
And btw, I recommend Sennheiser PC360 headphones for anyone with some spare change. Not cheap at 229.99 (279.99 some places), but worth every penny.

Huh, I thought my 50 dollar headphones were pricy, but those.. damn.

Affen said:
intoTheRain said:

audio means more to me than anything, I don't know if I'd qualify myself as an audiophile, but I have expensive taste when it comes to sound. I had 100 dollar PC headphones but they were garbage. I tried to convince myself to keep them but I couldn't. For another 100 these headphones are worth it x10.

not only is the sound ridiculously crisp, accurate, and detailed, but I can't even feel them on my head or ears. they fit around my ears perfectly so your ears don't even touch, they're velvet ear cups, and open, so you can wear them for 8 hours and your ears stay cool as a cucumber.

only problem with them is I mainly wanted good ear phones cause the roommate and girlfriend whine, (thank god roommate is gone in a month since GF has moved back in), but since they're open they still make enough noise to people in the room :p

intoTheRain said:
Affen said:
intoTheRain said:

audio means more to me than anything, I don't know if I'd qualify myself as an audiophile, but I have expensive taste when it comes to sound. I had 100 dollar PC headphones but they were garbage. I tried to convince myself to keep them but I couldn't. For another 100 these headphones are worth it x10.

The new Razer Tiamat headphones are amazing for PC gaming. They may not be as good for music as the senheisers but I like the surround setup in them for gaming. It's very easy to hear someone coming behind you in a FPS game. Gotta make sure you have a sound card that can support it though. Need a place to plug in for 7 jacks(I think). They are like $180 or something like that.

Guernica said:
intoTheRain said:
Affen said:
intoTheRain said:

The new Razer Tiamat headphones are amazing for PC gaming. They may not be as good for music as the senheisers but I like the surround setup in them for gaming. It's very easy to hear someone coming behind you in a FPS game. Gotta make sure you have a sound card that can support it though. Need a place to plug in for 7 jacks(I think). They are like $180 or something like that.

The sennheisers are made for gaming. They are called PC 360 G4ME. :D Can hear all around you it's epic. And yea, I have a sound blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio.. But I think I'm gonna pick up a Creative Titanium HD to get the most out of them.

The only game I don't really particularly love these headphones for so far is unfortunately Diablo 3. They're a little harsh. I'll just have to keep the volume at reasonable levels. For every other game I've played, and music, they're unreal.

The X-Fi Xtreme audio is a 4 year old card I had kickin around. It's tainting my new system. But don't know if i'm quite ready for a 150 sound card. I need a new monitor still, and already dropped 2k cash on my new system.

I question if there will actually be an audible difference between my current sound card and the titanium.

intoTheRain said:
Guernica said:
intoTheRain said:
Affen said:
intoTheRain said:

The sennheisers are made for gaming. They are called PC 360 G4ME. :D Can hear all around you it's epic. And yea, I have a sound blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio.. But I think I'm gonna pick up a Creative Titanium HD to get the most out of them.

The only game I don't really particularly love these headphones for so far is unfortunately Diablo 3. They're a little harsh. I'll just have to keep the volume at reasonable levels. For every other game I've played, and music, they're unreal.

The X-Fi Xtreme audio is a 4 year old card I had kickin around. It's tainting my new system. But don't know if i'm quite ready for a 150 sound card. I need a new monitor still, and already dropped 2k cash on my new system.

I question if there will actually be an audible difference between my current sound card and the titanium.

Oh dam I didn't know that the senns made gaming ones. I have a pair for music, but I'll have to look into them next time I'm getting gaming headphones.

I didn't know Sennheiser had gaming headphones. Awesome.

Anyway, I feel like I'm the most optimistic and accepting of videogames on maybe this entire board, a huge fan of the Battlefield series, and a huge fan of the B3 multiplayer -- and I still thought the poor B3 campaign was atrocious. It must be a hundred times better on PC for you to even consider enjoying it.

The sound is very nice, I'll give it that.

used44 said:
I didn't know Sennheiser had gaming headphones. Awesome.

Anyway, I feel like I'm the most optimistic and accepting of videogames on maybe this entire board, a huge fan of the Battlefield series, and a huge fan of the B3 multiplayer -- and I still thought the poor B3 campaign was atrocious. It must be a hundred times better on PC for you to even consider enjoying it.

The sound is very nice, I'll give it that.

I dunno, I love it on PC.. maybe i'm weird. Cause I can't see it being much different than consoles aside from graphics.

I'm sure the visuals play a huge part of it though. When I got on the jet and saw the one beside me take off I swear I felt a little bit anxious, waiting for my plane to shoot off next... And running around in the rain at night just looks absolutely mind blowing.

Only parts I didn't love thus far was the typical looking at little dots on the ground and dropping bombs on them that drags on for too long, and driving in the tank for too long. I never enjoy the vehicle stuff. I like running around with a gun.

I've been having somewhat of this issue where gaming has lost most of it's luster that it used to have when I was younger. The only times where gaming really seems as great as it once was is when I can actually find a game to play with friends and gf.

Titan Quest for example isn't really all that amazing of a game(especially if you are playing by yourself) and it's pretty old now but I've been playing the shit out of it for the past few months with my gf and a couple friends. It's been a blast and we finally beat the game on legendary. But all the games I get for myself seem to always end up disappointing me. Turns out gaming with people is what I really like I guess.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle