All US Troops out of Iraq by the end of the year

Obama-Mission-Accomplished.jpg

I saw a thread today oh boy.
The US army had just won the war.
A crowd of people turned away
but I just had to look
having read the book...

they love to turn you on...

Begin rant of a not-so-old war vet who is currently on his second tour in Afghanistan.

News of troops leaving iraq? Whoop de fucking do, it isn't like any sort of war has been fought there in a long time anyway. All marines and the main force of the army left Iraq years ago. The people there were pretty much there only to keep the bases operational.

The disconnect between what the public actually knows about the war on terror and what is actually happening is downright ridiculous. I don't think the media is to blame, but rather people themselves anyway. The truth about everything can be found in the news (hell, BBC had stuff on the war before I even knew and I have access to US national intelligence databases), but no one even finds the real truth interesting. It is always "Oh noes, evil government conspiracy." or "Yep, all about the oil." Hell, I even met people who think we were at war with the country of Iraq and not the terrorists in it. A lot of people just watch the news to be entertained, and the regular war just isn't entertaining enough.

What about the troops in the Philippines? Afghanistan? Africa? Or what about all the CIA killing spree going on in Pakistan? To like 90% of the public, the only place anything is happening in is Iraq.

End rant.

joker_clap.gif

*tsk, tsk* You expect people to pay attention to the stories that actually effect their lives?

Kim K got married n divorced, Beiber's in a paternity battle, and their might be an NBA lockout. NOT TO MENTION - Black friday. Gotta get those deals!

TL;DR - this country is doomed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod