Aliens: Colonia Marines

NecroWolf said:
I'm glad some people are enjoying it, like intoTheRain and a few others... I however, find it complete shit.

It's terrible in every way, and this is coming from someone who was looking forward to it for 5 years. I -wanted- to like it, I tried to like it, but everything from the 'story' to the mechanics, the glitches, the graphics, AI and terrible animations add up to an awful experience.

I'm not angry. I'm not upset. I'm depressed, I'm sad because I was looking forward to this, and now, it's failing on every level.

Meh.

i wasnt anticipating it at all, and i got it free.

if i paid 50$, and i had high hopes, I'm sure i'd feel like you lol.

Played the first 15 minutes or so, right up to the point where you encounter your first Alien bursting out of someone's chest. Defending Keyes while he works on the door sould have been a lot more intense. I mean, it was...Kind of but so far the battles seem a little dull. Character models are great. Small details such as emergency lights leave a lot to be desired. Lighting isn't bad. The darkly lit rooms are very atmospheric. Brightly lit rooms seem too washed out. Maybe that's just me. Oh and can you not crouch in this game?

You should be able to crouch? On the PS3 it's via the Circle button.

I'm not sure if I want this game anymore. I'm tempted to take it back to EB Games and get my $79 for it, courtesy of their one week return policy. To me, it's not a "BAD" game but... it doesn't feel like it's worth $79.

I've noticed a lot of the character animations are very stiff and rigid. The enemy A.I is very generic and the A.I of your team mates is awful. Really bad.

I think the game could have been a lot better. If it were released years ago, I think it would have been a lot better and better suited for its time. This doesn't feel like a 2013 game.

I've got until Sunday to be able to return it. I might try and play a bit more and just see how it goes. I just want it to be worth it and I really do want to like it.

I stopped playing after a hour. They didn't deliver on the dx11, lighting or tesselation. The game seems boring and derivative. Very disappointed.

You know, it's sad when the demo they showed in 2010-2011 had better graphics, voice acting, weapon models, sound effects, animations, AI and everything else... and that demo was also a complete lie. 90% of it wasn't true, the areas aren't even the same, they're actually -worse-.

You know your game is bad when it's a heavily hyped title with lots of marketing behind it and even IGN gives it a bad review.

I ended up returning my copy of Aliens: Colonial Marines back to EB Games and getting a full refund.

Bless that seven day return policy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod