Achievements

@ MattaY: That sounds so familiar, it honestly does.

My biggest mistake ever was to play Just Cause 2 on normal instead of the highest difficulty. Now I miss out on one measily achievement! And as a completionist, that means that I would want to destroy as much as I can all over again, a daunting task to say the least.

My current <normal> savegame for Just Cause 2 is a little over 92 hours of playtime, with 97% off all things found/destroyed. I don't think I will ever finish up the remaining 3 percent though. Some things are just hidden out in the middle of nowhere, practically impossible to find. Like the radio listening posts randomly dotted around the shoreline. And there are hundreds, if not thousands of miles of coastline to search. ARGH!

And then there are games which are so massive that just thinking about attaining 100% makes my head spin.
And then there is this guy.

@cyberjim2000: I never played Thief games, I could never find them in the shops around here. And I freakin' love stealth games even. If a game has the possibility to even remotely endorse stealthing, I'd buy it. Deus Ex: HR was simply great in that regard.

Isn't there a new Thief on the way?

When I first got a 360 I was proud of every achievement I earned and I worked hard to get as close to 1000 as I could (still I have never 1000G a game primarily because I get too lazy to finish or a new game arrives and I get distracted). Mile High Club is a COD achievement that I'm proud of because of the amount of swears and frustration that occurred while trying to beat it on veteran.

Also Super Mario World 3, I recently beat it and whoever created the hammer bros will burn in a special circle in hell. Whenever I get far or beat an older game I feel accomplished because older games are a lot tougher than games now in my opinion. Like right now I'm playing Crash Bandicoot 3 and I haven't beaten it but I have ever purple and silver gem on each level I've played so far (time trials will be done when I beat it) and replaying this game reminded me how much of a pain in the ass platform games can be.

Ashalar said:
@cyberjim2000: I never played Thief games, I could never find them in the shops around here. And I freakin' love stealth games even. If a game has the possibility to even remotely endorse stealthing, I'd buy it. Deus Ex: HR was simply great in that regard.

Yeah, made by the same people who made Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Well, consider it my introduction into the series then.

There's bound to be a bundle on Steam somewhere for Thief, I should really look into it. From what I've heard, Thief is basically the granddaddy of the genre, introducting many elements which we now take for granted.

cyberjim2000 said:
Ashalar said:

Yeah, made by the same people who made Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Cool. Based on DXHR, I think they'll be better at making a Theif game than a Deus Ex game.

I have Platinum'd jackshit.

Closest ones are Shank and BF 1943.
Some games have ridiculous trophies, like playtime hours or insane amount of kills by playing the terrible multiplayer.

i.e. Resistance

TheJx4 said:
I have Platinum'd jackshit.

Closest ones are Shank and BF 1943.
Some games have ridiculous trophies, like playtime hours or insane amount of kills by playing the terrible multiplayer.

i.e. Resistance

Multiplayer prevents me for getting a 100% achievement rating in many games. I can't be arsed to get the highest rank on Battlefield, Call of Duty and Halo. I simply don't have 100+ hours per game. By the time I even get to a decent rank, the sequels hit the market, prompting me to start all over again!
Not to mention games whose online component has been killed. Chrome Hounds (which was genuinly fun online, if there were enough players around), Mercenaries 2 co-op (guilty pleasure right there) and a ton of other games which have since lost online support.

And then there are the games which require you to play online to get singeplayer stuff unlocked. Like the latest Assassin's Creed where one location is locked on the whole Assassin deployment screen, just because I haven't played the associated online maps yet. Heck, since AC:Brotherhood I haven't completed any AC game achievement wise, since, again, you need to pull all kinds of stunts online (and the achievement system is bugged to boot, didn't get an achievement awarded even though I did the required action online).

Nah, receiving an achievement is a small gratifying feeling, which soon ebs away. Achievements would be worth something if you actually gained something from it, assuring greater replay value. Mass Effect 1 did it right, providing you with perks in a new playthrough.

My latest achievement was conquering $1,000,000 on the Facebook app "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" Those who are not familiar with the app, you have to compete with other players (10 I believe) during the first round. Whoever is in first, second, or third gets to go on to the next round in "Classic Millionaire" where they're asked four questions and one lifeline. Anyways, here's proof. If you're friends with my on Facebook, like or comment on my status.

390981_352401058119913_100000500658428_1411521_751638020_n.jpg

I just got all the shiny trinkets in VVVVVV (Doing things the hard way... hrrrrrrr.). Felt good, but then the game threw a load of other things to achieve straight to my face and I think they're too tough for me to ever achieve.

I really enjoyed 100%'ing inFamous 2. After I did that, I had the burning urge to do the same on inFamous, so I did. I got that stupid 100 high fall takedowns like a boss.

Oh! I beat Contra 3 during my first year of college. I have witnesses! Used to have a picture, but the camera is now at the bottom of the sea off the coast of Naples.

I just got 1,000/1,000 on Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters. A surprisingly good movie tie-in game. Not as good as X-Men Origins: Wolverine, but pretty similar I guess. I only had to grind levels for one achievement, the rest came from one playthrough of varied construct using and minimal collecting. Fun game.

Hey it's not great but it is a decent brawler. It plays like God of War or Force Unleashed, as you'd imagine. GL has some awesome constructs (baseball bat, blaster, machine gun, etc) that you can upgrade and map to the controller. There are a few on rails shooter segments that play like Star Fox and provide a little bit of variety. The overall lack of variety is probably the game's biggest flaw. There are 10 levels that take place on 3 different planets, and the enemy types are equally recycled. Some provide more of a strategic challenge than others, but you still see the same stuff too often. the story is also pretty non-existent, but at least it doesn't try to follow the movie. It's its own little plot that still involves a young Hal.

Rent it or Goozex it.

Goozex is actually sending me Captain America, which is supposed to be a really solid tie-in game.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod