Achievements

Longo_2_guns

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Okay, this isn't another just "Do you like achievements? How much do you like achievements?" thread. Rather, what are your proudest moments?

I suppose you can talk about trophies and achievements, since they often tie in. For example, I just got the Dark Souls platinum trophy, which was my first platinum ever and was actually a mixture of challenging and, at times, really easy. I've also 100%'d San Andreas and gotten 105% in Crash Bandicoot 3.
Okay, I made this thread to brag a little. But still...

Ooh, I got Mass Effect 2 today! Challenge accepted, Links!

Platted Borderlands with my little brother. It was actually really easy. The hardest part was the racing trophy because the car controls are wonky.

I'm working on Arkham City and Deus Ex right now. We'll see.

Way to go, Longo. Dark Souls is a beast to begin with. I can only imagine platting it is even more of a pain.

I graduated from college. Probably my best achievement. I used to be a total whore but it's slowed down quite a bit since I have to play so many games.

I'd like to Plat DS sometime...But cutting off some of the tails is such a bitch especially Priscilla and Seath, so I'm not sure if I'll ever do it. Grats on doing it though.

I think my conquering all the achievements in XBLA's remake of Track & Field was my most proudest. Then again, I'm not an achievement whore.

Out of curiosity, are the ps3 trophies different from the 360 achievements? I only have a 360 and you guys are talking about cutting off tails in DS. I don't recall that achievement....

drathbone said:
Out of curiosity, are the ps3 trophies different from the 360 achievements? I only have a 360 and you guys are talking about cutting off tails in DS. I don't recall that achievement....
At best they're marginally different. Most of the time their exactly the same for multiplatform games.

drathbone said:
It's a part of the "All rare weapons" achievement, which is the last one I got, where you have to get all the weapons from boss souls (which requires at least 2 and a half playthroughs on one character) and all tail weapons, plus a plethora of enemy/boss weapons. Though the worst was All Miracles, which requires getting to level 1 of Darkmoon, Bros of the Sun, and Gravelord.

I recently earned the platinum trophies for Uncharted 1 (while PSN was down) and L.A. Noire. The only difficulty I had in Noire was finding all the cars. When I got down to the last five, it was a real pain in the ass. I really really want to get that Dead Space Plat. I've put so many hours into that game.

I got the 1st pendant in Zelda A link to the past in 20 seconds flat. Boss battle that is...

Other than this one time in a match in Mohaa I wiped out the whole team on my own only to kill myself, yeah, notta.

I'll fuck ya up in WaW rifles only servers i suppose.

As I've stated in a previous thread, I beat a Korean kid at Soul Calibur 3, which come to think of it is probably my most impressive feat, and my life's most triumphant moment.

100% at Ocarina... but who hasn't done that at this point.

I hate achievements. Always ignore them and want to punch the person who came up with the idea. Achievements are the most pointless and cheapest addition to gaming.

Proudest Achievement would be 100%'ing Dynasty Warriors 7 just for the sheer amount of time/grinding it took to complete.

Can't wait for DW8!

FrozenBacon said:
I hate achievements. Always ignore them and want to punch the person who came up with the idea. Achievements are the most pointless and cheapest addition to gaming.
I agree for the most part. They really aren't necessary in the slightest, and they're mostly either given to you just by playing normally or you have to go out of your way with a guide to get them. Like, opposite ends with little middle ground.

To date, I only scored a 100% on the following 360/XBLA games:
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Battlefield 1943
Beyond Good & Evil HD
Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
Monkey Island: The Secret of Monkey Island
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (including all DLC content)

Currently my GS is sitting a little above 40k, with many games lacking many achievements still. Some games I really aim to complete 100%, others I can't be bothered to. I really want to get 100% finishes on Batman: AA and AC, but the challenge mode, the combat variant, takes too much effort for me.
Most games with a multiplayer component I will never finish 100% achievement wise, as I can't be bothered to spend hundreds of hours just to get the top rank.

Overall... I got mixed about when it comes to achievements. Most of them are silly anyway, like all those collect-a-thon crap you need to get for a measily 5 GS points. Then again, the inclusion of random, not import, collectables pissed me off anyway, as it is added solely for padding the game and to my solemn believe there to help along sales of strategy guides.

My only 100% is Noby Noby Boy.

I rarely go for all the achievements, but they add some fun in the game.

They just need to come up with better and interesting achievements that break from the norm gameplay. The ones that just come while normally playing the game are lame.

Well done boyo! Nothing quite like 100% a game. Hell I'd have a drink for the occasion.

I'm a whore, relates to my completionist side I reckon. I love getting all the stuff in games. I was the annoying kid who'd go back in Crash Bandicoot for the one lonely wumpa fruit I accidently left over the dangerous chasm with one life left. Cant help it, it's in my nature.

My proudest achievement?
Not necessarily FOR the achievement, I was actually more proud that I managed to do it - but completing Devil May Cry 4 on Dante Must Die mode was probably one of the hardest things I've done.
Now I'm also a gamer who ALWAYS plays things on the easiest difficulty. I like winning what can I say. So playing a game like DMC on the hardest mode (I'm not counting Hell or Hell mode here!!) makes me very proud. I did scream and wail A LOT during that month. But I was proud at the end of it.

My proudest achievement is beating Thief 2 and 3 on the hardest difficulty. Something about stealth games makes them feel almost perverted. Hiding in the shadows, watching people going on about their daily lives, and when a person goes into a dark alley...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod