4/20

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by MikeyVassallo, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Rakon

Rakon Rookie

So far, Bretimus is in the lead

2. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I know several. They're much less annoying about it, because at least they shut up eventually. And they don't talk about it when they aren't drunk.

It's lame for anyone to be bragging about it, college or no. It's just pathetic for anyone else.

Long story. Remind me to tell you sometime.

Even then, there was some original culture and significant event behind those holidays. They both changed later, due to migration and the Irish and Mexican love of drinking.

4/20 doesn't have that. It's because of a bunch of stoners who needed a way to condone and justify themselves, so they made a day for it. That's it. The only thing they have in common is that people get fucked up on them, but the reasoning is different.

That's another long story for another time.

3. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

*insert 12 year old insult here* your a moron.

4. mickey_P

mickey_P Rookie

Umm. Isn't that the point? I don't know a single person that smokes weed for the taste, or the aromatic smell.

Maybe it's just me, but I function much when I'm high then when I'm drunk. Plus, the high wears off in a couple hours whereas you could be piss drunk all night.

5. Trippysmurf

Trippysmurf Rookie

So what you are saying is if stoners found a pagan holiday that was dedicated to the consumption of marijuana and we celebrated smoking marijuana on that day, that would be acceptable?

I also forgot about Oktoberfest. That's almost a whole month dedicated to drinking.

6. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

More acceptable isn't the best way to put it. It would be better put as much less faggy.

7. MikeyVassallo

MikeyVassallo Rookie

Then you retardedly proved my point. There isn't a way to enjoy your weed without putting others at risk unless you lock yourself up in your room- which thank god happens because your habit isn't socially acceptable.

Sure, there are drunk drivers, they are the scum of the earth, but high drivers are no better.

However, I can have a beer or two and NOT be impaired, so comparing drinking to smoking weed is stupidly inept.

8. Rakon

Rakon Rookie

I do agree for the most part. I just feel that when you brag about either, they are equally as bad, one isn't "less faggy" (I know I'm quoting Longo not you)

Being high however doesn't means impaired for a lot of people. And don't say high drivers are equally as bad as drunk drivers, because you know that's not true.

9. WelfareBum

WelfareBum Rookie

In my neck of the woods it's not even a big deal. I think the kids have turned to alcohol.

Times are tough when the only head shop in town closes its doors. Well actually it's just tough for them as a big box store that sells the same stuff opened up and killed them.

10. UrbanMasque

UrbanMasque Everyone Wears a Mask

^ i dont know you... but i like you.

11. dUKE

dUKE Rookie

12. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

I just have a problem with all harmful or otherwise problematic substances and addictions. Heck, I shout "EVIL!!!" every time I see chewing gum. So feel free to judge me, but I'm not the one killing myself or gnawing off my lip and/or tongue.

13. Rakon

Rakon Rookie

Addiction to pot is not nearly as severe as pretty much anything else. You don't become physically dependent, so you don't go through withdrawal (I know because when my lung collapsed, I was forced to stop for a long time).

Food for thought: Marijuana is the least addictive narcotic. Processed sugar is so addictive that it should be considered a narcotic.

14. MikeyVassallo

MikeyVassallo Rookie

Yeah, getting high does mean impaired. Maybe not all "facts" about pot are correct, but being stoned is just as bad on your reflexes as being drunk.

15. MikeyVassallo

MikeyVassallo Rookie

16. madster111

madster111 Rookie

Last time i did it was with a bunch of mates.

And then we drank some brewskie.

And then we were fish.

17. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

BTW....Why is smoking synonymous with 4/20? I don't know if I've ever actually known the reason.

18. Lien

Lien Rookie

According to the legend, The band grateful dead once stop by D.C to capture the constitution, which, like everyone knows, is made entirely of hemp. Their plan, to show the whole world that weed is awwwwwright!
    However, on the way, they were stop by the man. But before they could trip search them, they manege to give out the constitution to the joker, who was busy shaking a apple tree, and manege to get away safely. But they were worried that the man would get the hemp from the joker. So they told the joker to hide in a nuclear bunker underground and wait for the right time to get back together and smoke them joint. But they never came... and the joker is dead.

And it all happen on April 20th. They say that every year, the joker would come outside the bunker and kill anyone who aren't high on the april 20th.

So brothas and sistah, let's all get high in his memories and watch Lulz worthy youtube videos!

To tell the truth, they're no reason. Every stoners got one so just go ahead and make one up!

19. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina Rookie

so im slightly buzzed, what did I miss?

20. stevedave

stevedave Rookie

"being stoned is just as bad on your reflexes as being drunk."

False