4/20

Trippysmurf said:
Wait til you meet alcoholics who get belligerent when you tell them that they maybe drink too much.
I know several. They're much less annoying about it, because at least they shut up eventually. And they don't talk about it when they aren't drunk.

Trippysmurf said:
In college this is ok since college is the time to do stupid s***, but once you know people in their mid-late 20s bragging about this, its pretty lame, I'll give you that.
It's lame for anyone to be bragging about it, college or no. It's just pathetic for anyone else.

Trippysmurf said:
Really? Also why are you hanging out with these people?
Long story. Remind me to tell you sometime.

Trippysmurf said:
Now I want you to think about Cinco de Mayo, and remember how many commercials, how many ads, and how many people talk about getting f***** up on a day that isn't even celebrated in Mexico. Now also add in St. Patrick's Day. Stoners get one day to be proud that they consume a substance. Alcoholics get 2 fake holidays and every sporting event ever.
Even then, there was some original culture and significant event behind those holidays. They both changed later, due to migration and the Irish and Mexican love of drinking.

4/20 doesn't have that. It's because of a bunch of stoners who needed a way to condone and justify themselves, so they made a day for it. That's it. The only thing they have in common is that people get fucked up on them, but the reasoning is different.

Trippysmurf said:
Pics or it didn't happen
That's another long story for another time.

StalfrosCC said:
If you smoke a joint to get high, and you are high, you are impaired.

Umm. Isn't that the point? I don't know a single person that smokes weed for the taste, or the aromatic smell.

Maybe it's just me, but I function much when I'm high then when I'm drunk. Plus, the high wears off in a couple hours whereas you could be piss drunk all night.

Longo_2_guns said:
Trippysmurf said:
Now I want you to think about Cinco de Mayo, and remember how many commercials, how many ads, and how many people talk about getting f***** up on a day that isn't even celebrated in Mexico. Now also add in St. Patrick's Day. Stoners get one day to be proud that they consume a substance. Alcoholics get 2 fake holidays and every sporting event ever.
Even then, there was some original culture and significant event behind those holidays. They both changed later, due to migration and the Irish and Mexican love of drinking.

4/20 doesn't have that. It's because of a bunch of stoners who needed a way to condone and justify themselves, so they made a day for it. That's it. The only thing they have in common is that people get f***** up on them, but the reasoning is different.

So what you are saying is if stoners found a pagan holiday that was dedicated to the consumption of marijuana and we celebrated smoking marijuana on that day, that would be acceptable?

I also forgot about Oktoberfest. That's almost a whole month dedicated to drinking.

Trippysmurf said:
Longo_2_guns said:
Trippysmurf said:

4/20 doesn't have that. It's because of a bunch of stoners who needed a way to condone and justify themselves, so they made a day for it. That's it. The only thing they have in common is that people get f***** up on them, but the reasoning is different.

So what you are saying is if stoners found a pagan holiday that was dedicated to the consumption of marijuana and we celebrated smoking marijuana on that day, that would be acceptable?

I also forgot about Oktoberfest. That's almost a whole month dedicated to drinking.
More acceptable isn't the best way to put it. It would be better put as much less faggy.

mickey_P said:
StalfrosCC said:

Umm. Isn't that the point? I don't know a single person that smokes weed for the taste, or the aromatic smell.

Maybe it's just me, but I function much when I'm high then when I'm drunk. Plus, the high wears off in a couple hours whereas you could be piss drunk all night.

Then you retardedly proved my point. There isn't a way to enjoy your weed without putting others at risk unless you lock yourself up in your room- which thank god happens because your habit isn't socially acceptable.

Sure, there are drunk drivers, they are the scum of the earth, but high drivers are no better.

However, I can have a beer or two and NOT be impaired, so comparing drinking to smoking weed is stupidly inept.

StalfrosCC said:
mickey_P said:
StalfrosCC said:

Then you retardedly proved my point. There isn't a way to enjoy your weed without putting others at risk unless you lock yourself up in your room- which thank god happens because your habit isn't socially acceptable.

Sure, there are drunk drivers, they are the scum of the earth, but high drivers are no better.

However, I can have a beer or two and NOT be impaired, so comparing drinking to smoking weed is stupidly inept.

I do agree for the most part. I just feel that when you brag about either, they are equally as bad, one isn't "less faggy" (I know I'm quoting Longo not you)

Being high however doesn't means impaired for a lot of people. And don't say high drivers are equally as bad as drunk drivers, because you know that's not true.

In my neck of the woods it's not even a big deal. I think the kids have turned to alcohol.

Times are tough when the only head shop in town closes its doors. Well actually it's just tough for them as a big box store that sells the same stuff opened up and killed them.

I just have a problem with all harmful or otherwise problematic substances and addictions. Heck, I shout "EVIL!!!" every time I see chewing gum. So feel free to judge me, but I'm not the one killing myself or gnawing off my lip and/or tongue.

Addiction to pot is not nearly as severe as pretty much anything else. You don't become physically dependent, so you don't go through withdrawal (I know because when my lung collapsed, I was forced to stop for a long time).

Food for thought: Marijuana is the least addictive narcotic. Processed sugar is so addictive that it should be considered a narcotic.

Rakon said:
StalfrosCC said:
mickey_P said:
StalfrosCC said:

I do agree for the most part. I just feel that when you brag about either, they are equally as bad, one isn't "less faggy" (I know I'm quoting Longo not you)

Being high however doesn't means impaired for a lot of people. And don't say high drivers are equally as bad as drunk drivers, because you know that's not true.

Yeah, getting high does mean impaired. Maybe not all "facts" about pot are correct, but being stoned is just as bad on your reflexes as being drunk.

According to the legend, The band grateful dead once stop by D.C to capture the constitution, which, like everyone knows, is made entirely of hemp. Their plan, to show the whole world that weed is awwwwwright!
However, on the way, they were stop by the man. But before they could trip search them, they manege to give out the constitution to the joker, who was busy shaking a apple tree, and manege to get away safely. But they were worried that the man would get the hemp from the joker. So they told the joker to hide in a nuclear bunker underground and wait for the right time to get back together and smoke them joint. But they never came... and the joker is dead.

And it all happen on April 20th. They say that every year, the joker would come outside the bunker and kill anyone who aren't high on the april 20th.

So brothas and sistah, let's all get high in his memories and watch Lulz worthy youtube videos!

To tell the truth, they're no reason. Every stoners got one so just go ahead and make one up!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod