Settle an argument...

WickedLiquid

Regular
What color is this dress?

[

I say it's white and gold, someone else says blue and gold and a third person says blue and black...

You are all correct. As you stare at it, it goes from white and gold, to blue and gold, to blue and black.

When someone told me this hit the news, I thought it would be about a dress with a new nano fibre material that changes color in the light.

Nope.

Its Black and Blue.You can look the dress up online( even though you shouldn't have to). It is an over saturated image.

Paradox said:
Even here, I can't get away from this fucking dress color bullshit.

Because it's a pretty cool phenomenon that people see it differently.

I mainly see white and gold even though I know the actual color is light blue and brownish.

I understand getting mad at everything that goes viral, guys, but this is pretty harmless and even has a little bit of interesting science behind it. It's weird that the Internet got swept up about the dress all yesterday but at least this is finally a meme that isn't mean or exclusive towards certain people. Everyone can pass it around and go "oh wow, neat."

Well, I was, and my best friend. Three people all looking at the same dress on the same screen with three different opinions. It's just weird and I wanted as many opinions on it as I could get. It went viral becuse it was encouraging discussion .

And yeah Used is right, calm down guys. Did your periods all sync up this month?

used44 said:
I understand getting mad at everything that goes viral, guys, but this is pretty harmless and even has a little bit of interesting science behind it. It's weird that the Internet got swept up about the dress all yesterday but at least this is finally a meme that isn't mean or exclusive towards certain people. Everyone can pass it around and go "oh wow, neat."

Fuck you too.

Only the dead may know peace from this.

WickedLiquid said:
Well, I was, and my best friend. Three people all looking at the same dress on the same screen with three different opinions. It's just weird and I wanted as many opinions on it as I could get. It went viral becuse it was encouraging discussion .

And yeah Used is right, calm down guys. Did your periods all sync up this month?

Will you, or anyone else, link an article that explains why people see it differently?

BTW Im sure this had nothing to do with the color of the dress as much as learning how to "blow something up" on the internet. There are experiments like this to understand and study why certain things gain so much attention.

StudioTan said:
WickedLiquid said:

Will you, or anyone else, link an article that explains why people see it differently?
The tl;dr of it is your brain assumes there's a blue filter on it and removes it.
So if you see anything other than blue and black, you have a dumb brain.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133