Your artistic endeavours

Hey again guys.

I've recently started work on the "Sarah" series for TEAMhealth (the local group I am comissioned to do artwork for). Here is the first piece.

Sarah_01.jpg

Sarah is an Indigenous Australian (Aboriginal) who likes to play the guitar, enjoys the beach and is a mother, having a young son. The drawing is based off a reference photograph provided to me by TEAMhealth, if anyone is curious.

This series, unlike the "Jake" series, is supposed to be brighter and happier, more positive basically. It is supposed to showcase what makes this particular woman happy. In the later pieces, her son will also be included, and perhaps more (such as spiritual stuff).

The end is supposed to be wing/flying related, basically meaning - "What makes you fly in your life?" - "What makes you happy?"

I hope you all like it.

I don't mean to hurt your feelings, but that 100% looks like a man. 100%.
One thing that hurts it is that the shade on the protruding cheek make her look like she has a mustache.
It's a nice picture though.

^No, it's okay FTG. No problem at all. No feelings are hurt. :p

People (my friends) have already told me the same thing. I can explain why but it might sound a little bad, but I am being honest and not trying to be offensive to anyone or anything.

Aboriginals here in Australia, male or female always tend to have a bit of a masculine appearance (not always, but a lot of the time). Also, because of Sarah's physical size and the perspective of the original photograph, it does look a bit suss in a way (that she looks like a man and not a woman). The lighting (shadows/tone etc) was pretty much copied from the reference, really.

Hopefully the next piece won't have the same results. :)

^I saw all those on your Myspace. Pretty cool stuff.

Oh, and Craig, please take this as constructive criticism, I'm trying to help, but Sarah a little resembles the guy on the right... I think it's the sunken eyes/thick brow, and the cheek detail.
mulan_369.JPG

^Ha ha! Yeah man, don't worry about it, I'm pretty aware that she looks like a man, but... it's just how it came out due to the perspective and whatnot. Oh well. Nice find on the screen shot. :p

My artistic ramblings include stick figure cartoons as some of you may remember. I have been making more and putting them on this blog: http://butterunicorn.blogspot.com

Other than that, I have dabbled in the Photoshopic arts and have created such works as the Hilary Clinton, "Sandwichater" for the GR Photochop contest. I actually have a few Photoshop style arts, but they will remain in my personal collection. *wink*

Just a heads up - I will be posting a quick sketch I did last night when I get a hold of a scanner. I did it to calm myself, as I was nervous about going skydiving the next day (ie today)

Here's a story. I live in PA near Pittsburgh, I hate people with those cheering Songs Here we go....Steelers, Here we go! Pittsburgh is going to the superbowl It's annoying every second, the end

^^Thats nice. Now move along.

Also, here's my sketch. Hope ya like it :p

This is apparently what I draw to take my mind off things.

I'm going to make a new drawing, it will be posted soon, I'm done making the drawing, it will be posted now
PictureorVideo001.jpg

Enjoy

^You must like drawing Master Chief...

Not saying its a good or bad thing...But that's a lot of Master Chief...

Nice drawing, Hoomfie.

0129092106.jpg
Bored in class today... and my friend had to write 'blood for life, bubba' in the corner there.

If you can't read, the pokewooman are as follows, from left to right, Squirt-le, PMS-kichu, and Sludge.

Green_Lantern said:
^You must like drawing Master Chief...

Not saying its a good or bad thing...But that's a lot of Master Chief...
Master Chief is the only character i can draw without looking at an image.

Nice drawings, everyone!

and Hoomfie, your sketch looks very comical, like from a comic book - I really like your style, man! :) Ever do digital drawings?

Sketching and art in general is a great way to get your mind off things but for me, I can't sketch when I am angry or upset or whatever, I can't concentrate and the sketches just turn out super crap. Digital drawings though I can do even if angry or upset or whatever, for some reason.

Here's my next piece of the "Sarah" series for my work with local group TEAMhealth, I hope you all like it.

Sarah_02.jpg

I'm not sure if this should be the first of the Sarah series or not, because it seems to make sense with the 'camera' starting off behind her and then sort of moving around her, you know? I don't know, ha ha. :p

Yeah, I do do digital drawings, but only after doing a pencil sketch which I scan in and digitize. I can dig up a piece if you want....

I might do a digital version of that sketch I posted, if I can be bothered. I look forward to the day when I can justify shelling out for a tablet, or maybe even a Cintiq - that would make the digital component of my work so much easier and intuitive.

I think I've posted this one before, but I'll put it up again, because I'm far too lazy to dig up the other one. I do believe I also started a thread ages back to do with artistry, so I'll try and find that (despite the fact that I just completely contradicted myself... :p)

If you haven't, check out http://www.deaddays.net - it's a really good comic, IMHO.

EDIT: http://www.gamerevolution.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8409&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 OMGOMGOMG! Used posted more artwork after I stopped viewing the thread I lovingly created! They are a testament to obscure (and hilarious) humour. View Used's pics at any cost, they are the embodiment of awesome. It also contains my foray's into digital art, but whatever... :p

Also! Nice work on that second "Sarah" piece! I especially love the detail in the back of the shirt - very nice. Much better than the first one, IMO - but both are fine examples of digital art.

Used, can you pwetty pwease post some more art? Maybe a space-faring orangutan riding on a giant nuclear warhead while using a hookah?

Whoa Hoomefie, VERY nice digital drawing! I love it. :D

Here is my next piece of the Sarah series from TEAMhealth.

Sarah_03.jpg

Admittingly this piece was rushed. I found it pretty hard to draw two people on the same piece (not sure how, just did really) and the ways the guitars were positioned also made it hard. I also kind of forgot the environment I was drawing but.. oh well. I'm happy with it, and I hope you all like it. :)

Hoomfie said:
^^Thats nice. Now move along.

Also, here's my sketch. Hope ya like it :p

This is apparently what I draw to take my mind off things.

That's awesome! I have trouble with getting the proportions right in my drawings - so u must understand I'm insanely jealous right now :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle