You can't pwn the pon

Status
Not open for further replies.

De-Ting

Rookie
patapwn_hudak.png

For those who have not played it, this game kicks serious pon. Basically, it takes everything from the last one, spices it up, fills in most of the holes, and presents itself on the same platter. Aka, it looks and feels just like the first, but with more to it.

In my point of view, that doesn't drop the score down a spot.

^ Agreed. If a sequel fixes bugs and has the same fun gameplay then it shouldn't lose marks because in all honesty it's the same game (Guitar Hero and Rock Band not included because they can simply make new songs through DLC so please drop their scores for not improving and expanding). Re-think the grade and remember just because something is more of the same doesn't mean that it's not as good as the first.

From the GR grades guide:
Unlike movies, a sequel must be better than the original in order to receive the same grade.
Like schimmel said, Patapon 2 is basically the same game. Sure there's a couple of minor changes and a couple bug fixes but that doesn't make it significantly better. Good review.

First off. Stop being 13 year olds. All of you. Okay? Can you do that?

Good. Now let us move on to the review. Even if it deserves a B+, which I'm sure it does, it should be dropped to a B for one simple reason. Digital Distribution only. Fuck that shit, kay?

Also, shut up.

Okay, everyone who hasn't played, get the fuck out.

Seriously. Longo has a decent argument about being DLO, but it is better than the original and it is time for you all to go find a bedpost to cram up your bum.

Before this goes anywhere else, I'll just add that I'm not really pissed about the review, just pretty much the overall grade.

The pic is just my idea of a fun visual aid.

Where's my gatorade...

De-Ting said:
Seriously. Longo has a decent argument about being DLO, but it is better than the original and it is time for you all to go find a bedpost to cram up your bum.
If it's better than the original, then it gets the same grade. But then the Digital Distribution thing knocks it down to a B.

Mystery fucking solved. Now go away.

StalfrosCC said:
Bitching about reviews is so 1999. If you don't like it write your own review. You can do that now!

That's plausible, but 80% of the people on GR make god-awful reviews, mainly consisting of ALL CAPS, a bunch of exclamation marks, and horrible punctuation skills, not to mention fragmented sentences.

But of course there are some enjoyable member reviews out there to read, it all really depends on who you ask though.

I turned Baldric's corpse into a puppet. Sometimes I bring him out when guests are over and make him lip-sync to Diana Ross.

De-Ting said:
Lethean said:
So what you're saying is the grade is wrong. In turn, you're saying an opinion is wrong.

Gotcha.
WRONG
No, actually, that's right. Jeez, I get enough of this retardedness from gamefaqs. I expected better from this forum... :(

JCvgluvr said:
De-Ting said:
Lethean said:
So what you're saying is the grade is wrong. In turn, you're saying an opinion is wrong.

Gotcha.
WRONG
No, actually, that's right. Jeez, I get enough of this retardedness from gamefaqs. I expected better from this forum... :(
Get your anti-fun out of my face.

Also, I'd like to add that GR's review is worlds better than IGN's UK review, which scored it lower because of the reviewer's incompetence, and the fact that they have no Baracking idea what they're talking about.

LinksOcarina said:
-FCM- said:
I turned Baldric's corpse into a puppet. Sometimes I bring him out when guests are over and make him lip-sync to Diana Ross.

What does this have to do with anything?

This topic reminded me of the Baldric FFVII arguments and how overly emotional people got about Baldric's grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle