WOW

kingg5

Rookie
3-D gaming is gonna creep me the fuck out, I might just have to throw a lawsuit out there for depression on not being able to live in the world of cocoon. Anyone else shocked on this announcement? (and yet they can't remake FF7, or 10)

PS3 went 3D last week. Only a handful of old titles are 3D capable, but a lot coming out will be, especially now that the capability is there. Also, the entire Sony press conference today was in 3D

Oh goodie, a fad that will fall flat on it's ass when people spend the ~$5000 on a 3D TV and surround sound system and realize they're still looking at a flat screen.

Then they realize the picture quality looks like absolute shit and that the glasses are too small for their head causing them headaches.

I HATE 3D most anything. I hate 3D movies, unless its IMAX, because its KILLING movies. Movies are being made just to be cool in 3D, screw being good. I hate the idea of 3D tv and games. Dont need it.
-though I did like MGS Acid in 3D, but thats different...-

Okay, I might be speaking to a lot of people older than me here (i am)... but do any of you remember that Spy Kids series? The first one was a pretty good movie (for me at least, in first grade). The second one was alright, I guess. But the third one; Spy Kids 3D, was one of the shittiest movies I have ever seen. Why? Because they abused the shit out of 3D just because it was a new technology (this was in 2006-ish I believe). Basically it ruined 3D anything for me. I haven't gone to see a movie in more than two dimensions since. Although I'm intrigued by 3D gaming, I'm still worried it'll be beaten and abused more than Precious. (ouch, sorry)

But bottom line, 3D isn't going anywhere until they can stop fucking around and actually integrate it creatively instead of just having random stuff fly into your face every five seconds.

3-D been around for way longer than that. All that comes to my mind when I think about 3-D gaming is the virtual boy

Well sure 3D's been around for a long time, but I don't think it'd been implemented into a high-profile movie like that before, is what i meant.

keepithowitis said:
But bottom line, 3D isn't going anywhere until they can stop f****** around and actually integrate it creatively instead of just having random stuff fly into your face every five seconds.

Umm... Toy Story 1&2 in 3D didn't do this. James Cameron's Avatar didn't do this. Most other animated movies didn't do this. In fact, more and more movies coming out today aren't actually abusing the 3D privileges anymore. They've realized that it's just a new way to film and they're slowly starting to treat it as such.

3D gaming I feel will be a huge leap forward in the way a gamer feels connected to his game world. Imagine Modern Warfare 2 in 3D, which apparently isn't too far from happening. Seeing the depth of the battlefield and maybe even being able to find enemies a little easier because they're not all appearing on a flat screen.

That's how I find it anyway, just a new immersion tactic to make more hardcore gamers happy. Sorry you don't like it, but that's the way it's going...

3d tv, so stupid. sit there and look like a tool with your glasses. go ahead ya fagots. pay over 1000$ dollars for a 3d tv that is worthless if you lose your glasses. f you!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle