Won last month vox pop but....

Discussion in 'Support' started by Solaris10, May 25, 2008.

1. Solaris10

Solaris10 Rookie

Grettings GR gurus,

It is not a whinning post by the way...it is just I won last month vox pop contest and I chose R6V2. Unfortunatly, even thought it has been some week, I haven't received it. I was wondering if something went wrong with the email.

The reason I write this is, I planned to give it to a friend of mine as a gift for his birthday. He wants so bad to have this game but he doesn't have the money to... so I wanted to get him this big suprise.

Anyway, just wanted to check. I know JoeBlow got bigger fishes to fry because he is going soon so I just wanted to check.

By the way Joe, keep in touch once in a while on these forums. Even thought I haven't talked to you much, you seem a great guy. It would be a great loss to the community to lose you.

2. Nick_Tan

Nick_Tan Rookie

I delivered the prize near May 19th. International packages take a while to ship, but I hope it doesn't take any longer. Please PM me if you don't receive it within the next week.

3. Solaris10

Solaris10 Rookie

Thanks a lot Nick! Really appreciated!

4. ohsostupid

ohsostupid Rookie

Nick I don't suppose you could look into a similar problem for me could you?

I sent you a PM but I'm not convinced it sent properly.

Basically I got an email from joe saying I'd won the Apollo Justice Competition, but I've yet to receive anything after giving Joe my address. I appreciate that the international shipping takes a bit longer, but it has been over a month.

If you could check if it's been shipped for me that would be great.

Finally, If it hasn't been posted yet could you PM me because I'll have to request a new address for it to be sent to (moving out of student digs, you see).

Many thanks

Andy

5. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

The same thing happened to me, but I live 3 hours away so it shouldn't take a month.

6. Blake_Morse

Blake_Morse Rookie

The Apollo Justices' are being sent by Capcom, so we have no control over when they get shipped. We will bug them for you guys though.

7. ohsostupid

ohsostupid Rookie

Blake, got mine through the post last week. Thanks for sorting it out!

8. Squiggy

Squiggy Regular

I wondered about the Apollo Justice thing with Capcom shipping it, did you guys just order a couple of copies to be sent to the winners or did Capcom actually agree to participate as the prize-giver for a GR's contest? Or something? Like, how did that all work out? Because that would be pretty awesome of Capcom to recognize some of the lesser known gaming sites like GR here (I know it's not THAT less known, but compared to sites like GameFAQs and IGNorant...).

9. joeblow

joeblow Rookie

When were the last Vox Pop winners picked? The contest page hasn't been updated in quite awhile.

10. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina Rookie

Is the contest still going on?

11. Nick_Tan

Nick_Tan Rookie

Yep, it's still going on, except we're sending online gift certificates to Amazon.com (or GameStop.com) to the winners ($50) and runners-up ($25). I actually sent the notifications to the winners and runners-up for the month of June via email about two days ago, and one person responded so far. But the whole "updating the site" and just "sending those certificates" is something that my overlords have to pass on. :evil:

12. maca2kx

maca2kx Rookie

Just to let you know Nick, I replied earlier today.

Sam

13. Nick_Tan

Nick_Tan Rookie

Will do. Forwarded it straight to where it needs to go.