Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• ehhhh...

• Total voters

Zhougman

Rookie
i have been thinking a lot about this. Donkey Kong rules! hes one of the most beloved characters from nintendo, let alone one of my favorite, but why do all of his games suck? Well they don't suck its just they were never any fun to play. and he's also very bad in SSBB even his final smash is terrible. Now I know there are some people who loved his games but for me they were very boring. And i hope they can make at least one Donkey Kong game that's great. Please tell me what your opinions are.

Maybe because his main err ... promoter Rare departed from him. When they were still in charge ... hell his game for the Nintendo 64 was one of the best games I've ever played. Clever, innovative, witty ... just plain fun.

Maybe someone should give Donkey Kong his grand ressurection like Christopher Nolan did to the Batman film series. :)

I hope one day he'll come. :)

I think his SNES games were awesome. I just wish they would bring out a new DK adventure game instead of all these "Jungle Beat" games. Im sure they're good to some people, I just prefer the adventure ones!

And DK's final smash is awesome! You know you have to press the button in time to make his soundwaves bigger??

I liked all of the Country games for the Gameboy. And it spawned Diddy Kong, who has had some great games. Hell, even Mario wouldn't be here without DK!

To think of it ... DK was Marios first antagonist, not Bowser right?

Come on Miyamoto, sniff some of that stuff that you do before you go to sleep when you wish to make Mario games and give us a damn good DK game once again! :D

i love the country series as well, and used those were just ports of the snes games, the first will forever be my favorite. but alass rare no longer owns this one time jem, so who knows where its direction will go

Yeah, I know they were ports but they were so satisfying and fun to play on a handheld.

Donkey Kong Country on the SNES was the shizz. I've probably clocked more hours of gameplay on that than any other SNES game.

I'm sorry to say that I haven't played DK 64 yet.

Kijan said:
You mean the Donkey Kong adventures for the Gameboy? :)

Yeah, I thought it was Donkey Kong Country, but I guess the Gameboy versions were titled "Donkey Kong Land."

I've never played Donkey Kong on SNES. I have of course wasted many an hour playing the original, which had been ported to the Intellivision.

De-Ting said:

It's not that good, really couldn't get into it. But that's just me

DK is the man, or should I say, simian. Plus, he's got that awesome tie.

What really isn't great was that animated series (CGI)

Rakon said:
De-Ting said:

It's not that good, really couldn't get into it. But that's just me

DK is the man, or should I say, simian. Plus, he's got that awesome tie.

What really isn't great was that animated series (CGI)

I trully enjoyed Donkey Kong 64, all I have are three words: Ananas Rocket Launcher. :D I think playing this game was one of the better times in my gaming life because in my eyes then, when I was a 8 year old kid ... it was on of THEE games.

But to be honest, of course this game had some flaws and the one I remember the most is the fact that at times this game could really turn frustrating and tedious, especially in boss battles. I remember a said fish you had to zap by driving through some circles with a boat. Said boat had very delicate controls however and I found myself kissing the wall a few times to much.

Anyhow, I enjoyed it. :D

I know exactly what you mean Kijan! DK 64 was awesome, I love it and still play it. However, I remember one of those mini-games called "Beaver Bother". And the aim was to shephard the beavers into this hole - but they would get stuck, and go in wrong directions. It was frustrating as hell!

MattAY said:
I know exactly what you mean Kijan! DK 64 was awesome, I love it and still play it. However, I remember one of those mini-games called "Beaver Bother". And the aim was to shephard the beavers into this hole - but they would get stuck, and go in wrong directions. It was frustrating as hell!

Now I also remember those times ... fun times, sometimes frustrating, but fun times. :D

I also remember that I was once to scared to play DK 64 because I was playing in the Toy Factory level and that boss (think it was like the toy where the soldier jumps out of the box type thing) scared the hell out of me. :D

I especialy loved the Pyramid level though and always laughed at Cranky Kong and his Freaky Experiments. :p :D

IMO, the first two were some of the best games that the SNES had to offer. The gameplay was fast, the graphics were pretty good. It was great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle