Most Talented Game-Making Countries

Boringman54

Rookie
Which country has the most talented game developers? There are many game companies across various countries but which one is the most talented? I can only think of a few companies per country so just tell me any I forgot.

Canada: Bioware (Mass Effect, KOTOR), Ubisoft Montreal (Assassin's Creed, Prince of Persia), EA Blackbox (Need for Speed)

USA: Bungie (Halo), Retro Studios (Metroid Prime 1, 2, 3), Activision (Tony Hawk, Guitar Hero)

Japan: Nintendo (Zelda, Mario, older Metroid games) HAL Laboratory (Kirby, Smash Bros.) Konami (Castlevania, DDR, Metal Gear), Capcom (Resident Evil, Mega Man, Street Fighter)

UK: Rareware (Donkey Kong Country, Banjo Kazooie), Rockstar North (Grand Theft Auto)

I don't know which one to choose so it's up to you.

I think Canada has the best game developers, followed by Europe. Although, I'm probably biased because i plan on moving to Canada after I finish high school.

I think that Japan has been puting the the ideology of Traditionalism into video games, not to mention that a majority of games from there are tedious RPGs.

As for the developers in the U.S........well, most of them belong to EA now, and that pretty much sums it up.

Tylzen said:
Denmark - Hitman (IO Interractive)
:p

Yeah, uh, maybe.

No.

It really depends on your taste though. If you remove that factor, Japan/Korea has to take the number one spot for bringing us the Nintendo and all it's offspring, along with hell of a lot of solid games, including the horrible Japanese RPG's like Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. They also gave us Guild wars, which is one of the few successful MMORPG's after WoW.

The U.S should be next because of killer games( or at least successful, leave your tastes out) such as KOTOR, Warhammer 40k, Command and Conquer series, Unreal Tournment, Call of Duty, Elder Scrolls, StarCraft, WoW, Halo, Company of Heroes, Valve games(Portal comes to mind...), Battletech... the list goes on and on.

Instead of "france" as a developer, it should just be Europe, with Hitman, Total War Series, Ubisoft games, STALKER, Gothic series, and so on, etc.

Canada is practically the US, because all the Canadian developers are simply US branches of major companies here.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
Tylzen said:
Denmark - Hitman (IO Interractive)
:p

Yeah, uh, maybe.

No.

It really depends on your taste though. If you remove that factor, Japan/Korea has to take the number one spot for bringing us the Nintendo and all it's offspring, along with hell of a lot of solid games, including the horrible Japanese RPG's like Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. They also gave us Guild wars, which is one of the few successful MMORPG's after WoW.

The U.S should be next because of killer games( or at least successful, leave your tastes out) such as KOTOR, Warhammer 40k, Command and Conquer series, Unreal Tournment, Call of Duty, Elder Scrolls, StarCraft, WoW, Halo, Company of Heroes, Valve games(Portal comes to mind...), Battletech... the list goes on and on.

Instead of "france" as a developer, it should just be Europe, with Hitman, Total War Series, Ubisoft games, STALKER, Gothic series, and so on, etc.

Canada is practically the US, because all the Canadian developers are simply US branches of major companies here.

kind of like how all americans are branches of british settlers?

either way its developped in canada, by a canadian team, using american money, on japanese technology

just because it's a branch means crap, ubisoft montreal made asassins creed

Oh yeah, Guild Wars FTW. But really, Guild Wars was developed by an American company, Arena Net, who got all their money from NcSoft, a Japanese company. I even live like 50 minutes from Arena Net, which is based near Seattle, Washington. That's why i get an amazing connection whenever i play GW.

Though I am Canadian, and I would normally say CANADA FTW!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to go with Japan because of Nintendo and Square.

NickKmet said:
Oh yeah, Guild Wars FTW. But really, Guild Wars was developed by an American company, Arena Net, who got all their money from NcSoft, a Japanese company. I even live like 50 minutes from Arena Net, which is based near Seattle, Washington. That's why i get an amazing connection whenever i play GW.

NCsoft is Korean.

I liked guild wars a lot. I loved it. But I hate it. I hate it because while it is somewhat fun, it has the depth of a puddle when it comes to items and fighting, and I can't stand that. When you have one million rangers running around with the same totally awesome bow and same fricken armor and skills, it's lame. It's why I hate all MMORPGs. I prefer D&D styles anyhow.

I do have claim to the name Keyser Soze, the proper way to spell it from the movie The Usual Suspects. I've seen about 200 copies of me :D (Kaiser Soze, Kaiser Sose, Kaisar Sosi, etc.)

OK, let's see...

Canada? Not quite. KotOR and the NFS series are rather good, but they just don't have enough of a track record to consider them the 'best'.

USA? Possibly. They've had some great games, like the Spyro, Crash, Halo and Guitar Hero series, but in nearly every US based game series, you'll find a stinker title.

Japan? Again, possibly. They've got the majority of game releases, but more doesn't always mean better.

Europe? Pretty good. They've had a diverse range of releases, including the Croatian Serious Sam games. They'd get my vote.

Oh, and Australia deserves a mention too. The first Transformers game (not the one based on the movie, the one based on the Armada TV show), Destroy all Humans! and Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction were pretty good games. But, then again they're pretty much the only serious games that have come out of Australia. There may be more, but I don't know what they are.

japan - i just love capcom, konami, and of course nintendo way too much to think otherwise.

Canada
They made a good Star Wars RPG. Not to mention they made the game that was pushed back so far, Neverwinter Nights.
And yes, it is a biased opinion.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
KOTOR was made by Bioware (who are in Edmonton, Canada). Yes, they are owned by EA now but that was before they were bought.

Boringman54 said:
Eyebrowsbv31 said:
KOTOR was made by Bioware (who are in Edmonton, Canada). Yes, they are owned by EA now but that was before they were bought.

Probably, I was going off of Lucas Arts in general, gues that's a publisher though.

in arcade games:
IMO, Japan - mostly some of the games that i found being hit in almost all arcade amusement centers.

in online games:
IMO, Korea - most of i know mmoprg that is continually playing these days came from korea, no doubt. RO2, maple story, neosteam and lots of mmorpg now

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod