Which is better?

Which part of the song "Layla" do you ?

• The rockin' first half

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the piano exit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
When you hear the song "Layla" by Derek and the Dominos, do you prefer listening to the rockin' first half of the song, or the mournful piano exit? Or do you think they both equally rockin'? (You fence-sitters don't get a choice in the poll, sorry)

Man it's close. I just gave it a listen and I prefer the second half; it has so much fucking emotion.

That entire album is AWESOME (Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs). Eric Clapton and Greg Allman = absolute guitar clinic

Haha Rosa and I were talking about this about two days ago.

We both feel that the first and second half are great but should be two different songs. As it stands, I'm normally in the mood for the rock portion of the track, so I'll go with the first half, but I do quite enjoy the piano portion.

Oh and you voted for the piano bit didn't you Gifted Monkey, you cheeky bastard you!

That has to be the shittest song i have ever heard.

Ok, second shittest..i forgot one.

..Yeah, i was just joking, pretty good song actually - love the first part though.

Layla is a great song, but not as good as Lola.

Oh... and first half. Because Clapton.

The second half is good, but it isn't the piano- it is Duane Allman that makes it sooooo good. That's his guitar you hear in the background of the second part.

But slow hands is playing it.

I could write a paragraph, but if James Earl Jones reads it, then it is something altogether different.

DocMoc said:
Nothing can hold a candle to Clapton.

Just to be an asshole, Clapton can't even hold a candle with his claw! But people would be lining up to hold it for him...

Mason Williams may have composed Classical Gas, but it's because of Clapton people know about it.

Not a huge fan of the second half. Love the first half though. Also i would like to throw in my hat for the acoustic version.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod