What's everyones' cult favorites?

You got a point there. Too bad its one of those closet greats. Ok onto the subject i'd have to say Parasite eve, ogre battle, and the punisher for PS2

MasterRabbi said:
Love Armored Core as well, though I haven't dived in purchasing it yet.

My cult favorite would be Ys, any of the first 3. I was fortunate enough to know someone with a Turbo Grafx-16 as a child, and I played them to death.

Ys 3 was just released on Steam, and I guess 1-3 are on PSP. I'm currently in retro heaven with Ys 3.

I bought Contra III from a private seller on Amazon and he threw in a copy of Ys 3. I thought, "boy, this game must suck.. but it has a sweet cover picture." But, yea it's a damn sweet game with good music.

Lien said:
Freelancer
256px-Fl_box.jpg

Still waiting on a sequel!

Definitely played the shit out of that for awhile. Almost tempted me into trying out Eve, then I read horror stories.

EVE is horrible, don't believe the fanboys. Freelancer is amazing, though. As for me, Front Mission, the Playstation version. With the fake built-in web browser.

Freelancer of course. Diablo, Max Payne.

Final Fantasy VII, Parasite Eve, Twisted Metal 2.

There's more but I can't think right now.

I think some people are misusing "cult favorite." But I didn't even name anything so who am I to talk.

Someone mentioned Parasite Eve, gonna have to agree. Monster Rancher, Jade Cocoon 1/2 (I like monster breeding games!), earthseige/starseige (including tribes 1/2), heavy gear, Star Tropics, Vandal Hearts (ps1 not the XBLA one that sucked). Those are some games I've played that I never heard too much about or some of my gamer friends haven't played.

Does Dungeon Keeper count as cult game? If it does then that. Also some old hunting and freeware games that filled my childhood. Like the Deer Hunter series and Liero.

NickKmet said:
Lien said:
Freelancer
256px-Fl_box.jpg

Still waiting on a sequel!

Definitely played the s*** out of that for awhile. Almost tempted me into trying out Eve, then I read horror stories.

I recommend trying the X series like X3: Reunion or X3: Terran Conflict. They're a little more complex than Freelancer. For example, you get to own a space station... factory or whatever and you have to plan out the supply chain so it could make money. Just remember there's a reason why these games are cult classics.

Oh man, so much. Especially when I saw the thing about how the Vasari Loyalists will be able to destroy planets outright and just have a mobile self-sustaining fleet.

A lot of the new mechanics are pretty cool and I wonder how some of them will play out. Like TEC Loyalists with their two star bases per gravity well vs. Varsai Loyalists planet eating fleet. They said they're going to leave hints about what's been chasing the Vasari.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Is that game really any good. And why? I'm actually interested in playing it.
Yes. Absolutely. First of all, the Warriors is such a great movie, and it captures the feel completely. Secondly, the combat in it is fantastic. It also has awesome co-op.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle