What's everyones' cult favorites?

So... I think it's been around 2 years since I last posted. But, I'm back! Somewhat. Much older, and with a job now, at Best Buy. But, that's not what I'm here to talk about.

So, recently, Armored Core V launched, and it's gotten mixed reviews. Some new people are trying it because of From Software's Souls line, and the old breed (myself included) have purchased it because... it's a new Armored Core. But, I'm horribly curious. Anyone else on the forum have a cult favorite? And I don't mean like Psychonauts, that game was awesome, but was just too underground and poorly advertised. I mean games that satisfy distinct needs, like train sims, or Pokemon, or Monster Hunter (if you're not from Japan). Either way, it'd be interesting to see what people like...

and whether or not we have any train simulator guys in this community. Seriously guys. I must know why someone would play a train simulator.

I can see why. But, I'm more into the customization part of the game, I love building a massive fighting robot from scratch, and then doing little missions with it. Since the new one is really into multiplayer, I get my fix and I can have my online battles too. I'm a huge fan of Armored Core though. :D The story sucks, and the graphics aren't the best by far, but, no other current game lets you build ridiculous robots. And then pilot them against other ridiculous robots in deathmatches.

Love Armored Core as well, though I haven't dived in purchasing it yet.

My cult favorite would be Ys, any of the first 3. I was fortunate enough to know someone with a Turbo Grafx-16 as a child, and I played them to death.

Ys 3 was just released on Steam, and I guess 1-3 are on PSP. I'm currently in retro heaven with Ys 3.

Etrian Odyssey series, The Dark Spire, Killer7, Pitfall: The Lost Expedition and P.N.03 are the first ones that come to mind.

Not sure if it's a cult title or not but I loved Oni on the PS2. It was repetitive, had bland environments but it was also tons of fun.

I liked Oni too but it's too bad they left out the multiplayer. Would've been interesting to see a fighter/FPS multiplayer game.

I always liked the SMT series. It's like Pokemon but with demons... before Pokemon was ever made.

Oh, and Armored Core and Mechwarrior.

The Saboteur... Close enough. :p It was a decent game, but, the controls felt too wonky for me to play. I keep hearing Oni, what is this? I've heard of it somewhere, but, my Google-fu is lazy today. Armored Core would be my biggest, but, Monster Hunter is like a drug for me. Three years, and still playing Unite after everything, and nowhere near beating it.

Freelancer
256px-Fl_box.jpg

Still waiting on a sequel!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle