What was the last game you bought?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by lokness, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Tylzen

Tylzen Rookie

Just got Fifa 2009

2. Boringman54

Boringman54 Rookie

Just bought de Blob two days ago. It's awesome.

3. n00b_f00

n00b_f00 Rookie

I've been shooter crazy recently, so I picked up Burnout Paradise for 30 bucks. It's fun, but something's off. I don't know if it's just sort of shallow or if I just can't shooters off my mind.

4. bloodiedmirror

The World Ends With You, and awaiting the time I'll have extra money to burn on some new ones.

5. keepithowitis

keepithowitis Rookie

I was looking for Paradise, saw Revenge for 20, didn't know if it was the same so I bought it, and it is the biggest waste of money I've ever made.

6. Rekkie7

Rekkie7 Rookie

Viva Pinata 2 for my fiancee for her birthday, but sssh. It's a surprise.

For me, I just picked up Rollar Coaster Tycoon 3 for the PC. Sometimes I have a craving for sims games and it's nice what oyu can pick up for cheap.

7. n00b_f00

n00b_f00 Rookie

Consider yourself lucky that 20 bucks is the most you've ever wasted. Impulse buys on brand new games that are completely mediocre is one my pet peeves. I just can't stop thinking about the 4 or 5 good titles that I could've gotten out the bargain bin for the same price.

Really though, the series seem to be an arcadey racer in which multiplayer is a large focus. Though that's guessing from this game. I'd say the game is an 8/10, if you're into drivers but is personally a 7/10 to me, and I'd recommend it if you're a fan of the series or arcadey racing. Racers aren't really me, but I'm okay with the amount of money I spent. Paradise great reviews. Honestly though the main reason I got it is because I liked playing the demo with a friend, and crashing into him.

My biggest complaint with gamplay mechanics is that I feel like they don't do enough to point you in the right direction during a race. So if I'm ahead and I take a shortcut, there's maybe a 30% chance that the shortcut is going to lead me in the wrong direction.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose. Why'd you get it, it wasn't because of me right(my egomania astounds even me)? You into drivers?

In either case I know what you mean about picking up a 2 or 3 year prequel by accident, and being less than impressed. It's the cousin of the brand new impulse buy.