What are ya playing?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by used44, Oct 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Spoilers bro.

2. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 So tired.

Wait! C'mon, Kijan! I can't unread/unspoil that!

3. Kijan

Kijan Rookie

Didn't think this to be a spoiler. If you're playing male you'll have two female characters capable of knocking up. Ones a Witch and the other is something else.

They are just 2 potential romance interests.

Like in Mass Effect, if you've played it.

So I thought it wasn't a spoiler. Didn't want to spoil either. Sorry. :(

4. Green_Lantern

Staff Member

Is Etrian Odyssey 1 and 2 needed to get into 3? They look intriguing to me, but I still have Dragon Quest 9 to play..

If only I could find my freakin DSi

5. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Haha, that's not a spoiler! It's not in the main story to fuck Morrigan in order to save the world.
    It's a perk in the game.

6. HK-47

HK-47 Rookie

It's pretty amazing, but I've been a fan of the series ever since I got the first one so it might be a bit biased.
    Half of the game is mapping out your surroundings, which if messed up, will make your life hell. The other half is old-school combat with the usual Attack/Defend/Skill/Escape battle options. But to aid that, there's the customization for your party, is amazing. Made even more so with sub-classing (New to this game).

Mainly it's about cartography-by-hand, planning for skills, planning ahead and battles. Lots of them. But it's got legs, pretty long for the initial run, and after that, the other ending and then the true ending after getting the other two. Sometimes it's a slog, but that's mainly because I was going for the post-game content. Been playing it since two days after it's release.

Nope, all three are standalone games and have their own plot. But this is probably your best bet in entry to the series; first one's most likely rare by now, it being by Atlus and all and the second's the hardest. But if you enjoy the third, then definitely hunt down the other two; they're less polished than the third, but are both well over 60 hours of gameplay, excluding the hell that is the post-game content.

7. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

Started playing INfamous. Damn it's pretty sweet!

8. HK-47

HK-47 Rookie

Some Gal Civ II Campaign; Siege, where the Dread Lords visited my Research station. There goes the neighborhood.

9. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Nah, he said "knock up," not "fuck." That's a pretty major endgame spoiler (depending on your origin). Nice job trying to cover it up though.

Your own fault for waiting so long to play it, Bret!!!

10. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Just started Prey.

Pleeeease be good. So far, i dislike the characters and story, kinda like the art design, I'm okay with the puzzle-y-ness. The anti-gravity walkways and "spirit walk" sections are really cool.

11. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

GOD HAND!

It's tough, and I just realized that the Level system on the side actually has to do with the difficulty. So... yeah.

12. danielrbischoff

Just finished Dead Space 2... I have no clue what I'm playing next....

13. Green_Lantern

Staff Member

As soon as I get my mom or dad to bring my PS2 to me, I will be all over Persona 4...

14. electricthunder

I'm currently playing Pokemon Green, the horribly translated version. It's hilarious how bad of a job whoever translated it did. Then again, I couldn't do any better.

15. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Demon's Souls.

16. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 So tired.

Still working on Dragon Age, but I'm also putting some time into Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue.

17. HK-47

HK-47 Rookie

Finally got the True Ending in Etrian Odyssey III with the help of a guide. I guess I'll clean up some of the post-game content, excluding the post-game final boss.

And Shiren the Wanderer (DS), improving equipment, staffs and all that jazz. Still some wickedly brutal stuff.

18. Delorean88

Delorean88 Rookie

Just started playing Fable 3 about a week ago and strangely I loved the first, didn't like the second but I'm really enjoy this one. It's weird cause they all kinda feel the same. Previously before Fable played Medal of Honor which was a awesome reboot of a classic series and I'm mad it took me that long to play it. Kind of wish I bought it though. Bought Marvel vs. Capcom 2 through arcade and wish I didn't because I learned real quick how hard that game is, getting kind of better though and by that I mean easy A.I. don't beat me as often. When not playing Fable I play Monday Night Combat or Reach my gamertag is in the signature if you want to play but I'm usually playing Fable 3 the entire time and I don't think anyone has MNC or still plays Reach.

Is it a bad thing I haven't played Dragon Age yet? Also in my opinion only play AC:BC for a hour and it was the multiplayer and thought it was enjoyable but nothing special. The whole series has slightly disappointed me, thought the combat would be tougher and there was other little things but I still really enjoyed the first and I only played 10% of the second one

19. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Okay, Prey is dumb, so I'm done with that. Currently playing through Fallout New Vegas' Dead Money DLC, and deciding which single player game to pick off the pile next. Probably between Dead Space 1 and Brutal Legend.

20. danielrbischoff

Can't believe how much Black Ops I've been playing... I need something new to review....

Demon's Souls didn't take. I'm going to try to get like 3 hours in on wednesday or thursday night though. See if it needs a longer stretch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.