Video games made for women

Wes

Rookie
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/21/sxsw- ... ing-games/

According to the article, 42% of all online gamers are women. But that also consists of casual games. When it comes to online console games, the percentage of male gamers is a staggering 98% (North America and Europe)

And it seems that the console that's attracted the most female attention is the Wii
http://geeksugar.com/184129

So now marketing is going to be used to incorporate female gamers. Nintendo hopes to attract most of the female gamers with it's console, which it is already doing with it's unique gameplay and easy controls. The percentage of femal gamers in Japan is quite high, an estimated 46% of gamers in Japan are girls. This is mostly due to the fact that video games are a Japanese invention, but North American and Europe companies for Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft are all trying to open the gaming world to women.

Yeah, now the Wii will have games where you can cook, clean, and make babies, all without leaving the comfort of your very own kitchen.

If god wanted women to play videogames he wouldn't have given them such tiny hands. Wait, maybe thats why they all like the wii.

Thats actually interesting, because there is a major stereotype that gamers are all male. I hope that the Wii does attract another audience out there, as video games should have an appeal to everyones tastes, and should be fun as well for everyone play, wether it's simple or not.

well in kill bill she does slice him up in the cartoony part. love that part of the film.

yep females are coming in...my mum played the wii at xmas and shes never touched a game in her life!

Women aren't supposed to play videogames, it upsets nature. So women playing vidoegames causes global warming. DAMN YOU NINTENDO, DAMN YOU!!!!!!!

My mom is better at Guitar Hero than my dad and brother. She actually finished a song!

I would welcome more developers to markets games to females, because at present, most girl gamers are fugly.

GiftedMonkey said:
I would welcome more developers to markets games to females, because at present, most girl gamers are fugly.

AHEM *taps foot* :evil:

Yes, well now that you've all had your 2 cents, a lot of the rise in female gamers is down to things like The Sims and Pokémon. A lot of girls enjoy RPGs too. It's coz we all played with doll houses and soft toys when we were younger - you know, girly cutesy nauseating stuff :wink:

If you've read my Crash: Twinsanity review, you'll have read that my mother is among that number of casual gamers. She really enjoys the Crash series.

Kingg55, you admitted that some lady gamers are better than you. That is automatic revocation of your man card. Please deposit your unit and video games at the counter when you leave. May Fate have mercy on your soul.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod