Feminists whine over a video game, not that that's news.

Trippysmurf

Rookie
Joystiq posted an article about an upcoming game called Fat Princess.

So let me get this straight: feminists bitch when a female in a video game is too pretty and thin and thus objectified, and now they bitch when the female is too fat.

This reminds me of that Joke:

Q:How many feminists does it take to change a lightbulb?
A:Zero, feminists can't change shit.

"Despite the (still limited) fury being directed at Sony, we suspect that there's a fat chance either the title or gameplay will change."

He said fat chance...acetastic.

"Does it make it better or worse that the concept artist (who designed the look, characters, everything) is a girl?"

Pwnch.

I'm all for the empowerment of women but at what point does it just become whining?
This could be it.

DocMoc said:
I'm all for the empowerment of women but at what point does it just become whining?
This could be it.
Agreed. I think it's safe to say that it's the fat feminists complaining as well.

DocMoc said:
This could be it.

Fuck that, they crossed that line long ago. I've had women kick off at me because I held the door open for them as if by doing so I was stating they're incapable of doing it themselves. And which thing do they want? Meals and drinks to be paid for by the schmuck who wants to get in their pants or totally equal rights starting with equal pay and ending with the ability to work on a building site displaying the crack of one's ass? I love that women are finding independence and the fact that the number of female billionaires is growing is great but society is far from balanced, sometimes to the detriment of men and sometimes vice versa, and the sooner feminists learn to let some things slide the sooner the 'white noise' of their bitching will fade.

Sam

maca2kx said:
DocMoc said:
This could be it.

f*** that, they crossed that line long ago. I've had women kick off at me because I held the door open for them as if by doing so I was stating they're incapable of doing it themselves. And which thing do they want? Meals and drinks to be paid for by the schmuck who wants to get in their pants or totally equal rights starting with equal pay and ending with the ability to work on a building site displaying the crack of one's ass? I love that women are finding independence and the fact that the number of female billionaires is growing is great but society is far from balanced, sometimes to the detriment of men and sometimes vice versa, and the sooner feminists learn to let some things slide the sooner the 'white noise' of their bitching will fade.

Sam

Umm..Society isn't meant to be balanced is it?
Last time i checked, it's been the way it's meant to be for over 2000 years, Men in charge - hunting for food and generic things like that, while women tend to children and cooking said food?
Not saying this is the way it should be in our current age, but isn't that the way it's supposed to be due to Human instinct?

Once the fat pride activists get done protesting WALL-E they can get outraged over this game too! Feminists and fatties pissed off? Maybe the princess can get a sex change operation so transsexuals can protest the game. Go for the triple crown, Sony!

madster111 said:
maca2kx said:
DocMoc said:
This could be it.

f*** that, they crossed that line long ago. I've had women kick off at me because I held the door open for them as if by doing so I was stating they're incapable of doing it themselves. And which thing do they want? Meals and drinks to be paid for by the schmuck who wants to get in their pants or totally equal rights starting with equal pay and ending with the ability to work on a building site displaying the crack of one's ass? I love that women are finding independence and the fact that the number of female billionaires is growing is great but society is far from balanced, sometimes to the detriment of men and sometimes vice versa, and the sooner feminists learn to let some things slide the sooner the 'white noise' of their bitching will fade.

Sam

Umm..Society isn't meant to be balanced is it?
Last time i checked, it's been the way it's meant to be for over 2000 years, Men in charge - hunting for food and generic things like that, while women tend to children and cooking said food?
Not saying this is the way it should be in our current age, but isn't that the way it's supposed to be due to Human instinct?

... What the hell are you disagreeing with? I said our society isn't balanced, I didn't say if it was meant to be. In fact I said the feminists should learn to let some things slide and accept things aren't balanced.

Sam

People will find anything to complain about nowadays. It's the norm which is quite sad and pathetic.

I can only imagine my late grandfather shaking his head at a world where people drink coffee with a warning label HOT on the cup.

^ Its because people are too lazy to pay attention since most of their time is spent complaining.

Think about how many people you have ever seen try to pull open a door that clearly says PUSH written on it. Along the same lines, why do movie theaters have to have a message that says turn off your cell phones?

^ Ha. The last movie I went to at the theater not only had a "silence your cellphones" warning, but also a "don't text because the illumination from your screen is bright" warning and a "refrain from talking during the feature presentation" warning. It was truly a slap-your-forehead moment. Gotta defend against people's lack common sense.

Totally off-topic. Sorry.

it is really sad how dependent people have gotten these days..im a cashier at agrocery store and when people come through and check out about 75% of them cant figure out that for a credit payment u hit enter. The enter but is large, green, has the old arrow symbol for enter, and says yes and enter beneath it. they just sit there and stare at it until either i finally say hit the green button for credit or they ask. it just reflects how little people actually want to have to think these days.

used44 said:
^ Ha. The last movie I went to at the theater not only had a "silence your cellphones" warning, but also a "don't text because the illumination from your screen is bright" warning and a "refrain from talking during the feature presentation" warning. It was truly a slap-your-forehead moment. Gotta defend against people's lack common sense.

Totally off-topic. Sorry.
The best was the phone commercial right before batman startedl with multiple choice saying you see a honey in the theatre, what do you do?

[] Text her
[] call her
[] look up pick up lines on the phones built in internet

. And of course the next thing to pop up on the screen was "please turn off your cell phones".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133