User Submitted Editorials?

Rinnon

Rookie
I recall reading a few months back some details on user submitted editorials, that you can submit them and if accepted would be edited and put up on the front page, etc.

Anyone remember what the details were of that, and if that offer is still open?

Done. These guys will know a crazy amount more than we will ;)
Good luck finding the answer Rinnon. All my prayers are for you and your family at this difficult time for you.

I was thinking about entering in that. But then Duke got fired/left, and all my desire went straight out the window.

I remember Links entry made the home page as a feature and schimmel made a loquacious entry with the topic of Zombies.

Yeah only me and Sam got on the front page...Sam went on right after Duke left...so my guess is that the contest is off because of changes in management.

Nick, can light be shed, please?

Ah, thanks for moving it to the right spot for me. =)

I'll just wait for word on if this idea is still on or not. Or maybe I can just put it up in blog form.

I think I'll do just that Link, after I'm done editing etc.

Thanks for the help all. ^^

PS: I don't think I'm ready to assume it's a good piece yet... it's just a piece. ^^;

Sounds like Link and Sam are responsible for Duke's exit! Thanks a lot guys!

used44 said:
Sounds like Link and Sam are responsible for Duke's exit! Thanks a lot guys!

The creepy thing is I suspected my letter to Kotick had something to do with that.......which I hope is not true at all.....

Don't worry about it too much Dan. In any case I'd just need to post it on the blog when I'm done with it, so I'll just do that when I'm finished. (I suffer from a condition which prevents me from ever being satisfied with a piece of writing, which results in it going through about 10 renditions before I finally stop writing and it gets shoved away somewhere never to be seen again.)

I finally finished and submitted it on the Blog thing. Couldn't really get it the exact way I wanted, but wrote too much to not post it at all. ^^;

Dan, did you find out any more about that contest?

Yep, as you might have imagined, the new management means that this took a backseat. But I'm glad there's still interest in writing user editorials for GR. Let me stir the topic again with the team and see what happens. The rules will likely change, but I think the contest should still remain.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle