UFC Undisputed 2010

Bretimus_v2

So tired.
I was planning on just sticking with '09 since it has become a staple amongst my friends and I, but after playing the demo and reading Nick's preview I got really excited. Just traded in some games and preordered it actually. The grappling game has improved drastically which is both a plus and negative since the learning curve is fairly steep. The roster has expanded and the martial arts are more mixed this go round (still no sweaty ballpunching though). I'm looking forward to getting this. Anyway, anyone else getting this, and if so...PSN much?

I won't have a good enough internet connection to play this online until August (damn my parent's shitty internet connection... yep, it's that time of year again) but when I get reconnected I'll totally play against you Bretimus. I should have enough time to actually get decent at the game by then, assuming the AI opponents on harder difficulties are challenging, and judging by the demo anything after the second setting is pretty difficult.

Got it, love it. Look to Tan Man's review cause it sums it up nicely. They definitely upped the learning curve which makes it a lot less casual (and even a bit of a relearning curve in some places). However, played last night with a friend and we just did stand up. The smoother and more varied striking options make it a much more mixed martial art fight. They have added a lot of animation sequences and this improves the game a ton! Not to mention that the animations, speed and realism of a lot of the strikes is much better and makes the game flow more naturally. Career has improved, but added a couple of annoying nuances (training mini-games).

Also, THQ is issuing a giant middle finger in the form of an online access code, so beware used game buyers. But in their defense, it is only $5.

EA MMA has a lot of work to do because THQ put some serious work into an already great fighting game.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Got it, love it. Look to Tan Man's review cause it sums it up nicely. They definitely upped the learning curve which makes it a lot less casual (and even a bit of a relearning curve in some places). However, played last night with a friend and we just did stand up. The smoother and more varied striking options make it a much more mixed martial art fight. They have added a lot of animation sequences and this improves the game a ton! Not to mention that the animations, speed and realism of a lot of the strikes is much better and makes the game flow more naturally. Career has improved, but added a couple of annoying nuances (training mini-games).

Also, THQ is issuing a giant middle finger in the form of an online access code, so beware used game buyers. But in their defense, it is only $5.

EA MMA has a lot of work to do because THQ put some serious work into an already great fighting game.

I will be greatly surprised if EA MMA surpasses UFC Undisputed. In fact, it's like Strikeforce going up against UFC. The analogy fits too well... The one area I can see it one upping Undisputed is perhaps in Career mode and in style. I think there's room for a more arcade-styled MMA title that isn't so intricate in the ground and clinch game, but I'm not sure if such a title can represent MMA correctly either. Let's see what happens at E3.

Yeah, nice analogy.

The career mode is a pain to juggles all the stats and abilities and learn new moves. It's also a bit of pain that I have to get my secondary skills to 30 so that they don't decay out on me. I like the idea but not the execution because in the first one you would end up spending all of your pre-fight weeks training stats by the end of your third year. But a longer period before of decay or smaller decay increments would be nice. Also I would like it if you earned points that could the be spent on move groups. It's a pain to have no major transitions at all, but at least I have 12 years to fill in the gaps.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Yeah, nice analogy.

The career mode is a pain to juggles all the stats and abilities and learn new moves. It's also a bit of pain that I have to get my secondary skills to 30 so that they don't decay out on me. I like the idea but not the execution because in the first one you would end up spending all of your pre-fight weeks training stats by the end of your third year. But a longer period before of decay or smaller decay increments would be nice. Also I would like it more if you earned points that could then be spent on move groups. It's a pain to have no major transitions at all, but at least I have 12 years to fill in the gaps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod