Tron Legacy

^Inglorious basterds wasn't only one of the worst films of the year before, but was one of the most stupid films I've ever seen. Tarantino spinning a weak dialogue scene out for a long time doesn't make him ozu. He and the rest of America seem to think he's an auteur just because he likes to ape French new wave cinema. And I do mean ape.

Also it surprises me that you say that as (I thought it was ok, but) I would have predicted GR would think inception was amaaaazing. You may detect i'm being condescending.

I'm going to see tron on (ORANGE WOOOOOO) Wednesday snow permitting. I've been told it's fun but really cheesy, which is fine by me. I don't think it could be anything deeper as let's face it, it's tron. I'm in it for Jeff Bridges and light cycles.

PS I've really got a thing for Olivia Wilde. She's dreamy.

malakian said:
Also it surprises me that you say that as (I thought it was ok, but) I would have predicted GR would think inception was amaaaazing. You may detect i'm being condescending.

The fact that you think you're being condescending says a lot about you and your condescencion.

Longo_2_guns said:
No, I was being quite serious about it. See, I thought this movie was quite phenomenal. The visuals were the best thing I've ever seen, but unlike most movies that focus on visuals *cough*Avatar*cough* the plot was actually pretty fresh, and the characters were damn good. Especially Castor.

Probably since there hasn't been an Inglorious Basterds, District 9, or Gran Torino this year, I'd say this is the best movie I've seen all year.
Go watch How to Train Your Dragon.

It's one of the very few movies i will buy on blu-ray this year.

I think True Grit will probably be better than Tron (though I will still see both). It's not actually a remake of the John Wayne film - from what I understand, it's supposed to be much more true to the book than anything else.

malakian said:

When did this become IMDB? Well, at least you didn't say Worst Movie Ever.

lokness said:
madster111 said:
Go watch How to Train Your Dragon.

It's one of the very few movies i will buy on blu-ray this year.

notsureifsrs.jpg
Very srs.

I love that cute little dragon that basically shoots small nukes out of its mouth.
Animation is excellent and when heard through a good sound system (IE, powerful subs) the sound is awesome.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133