Things on COD4 that could have been better

First off, I want to state that part of this is purely my opinion but the technical data on the guns are fact.

The facts first.
1. The M4 does less damage then the M16 when they fire the same round 5.56mm NATO or .223 .
2. The M4 is the same gun as the M16 but is lighter and 5" shorter, but they don't give it any more mobility just less range.
3. The AK-47 does more damage than the G3 and G36c, but they also fire the same round 7.62mm NATO or .308 .
4. They AK-74 is considered a SMG but is actually 3' longer than the Ak-47 and fires a rifle round 5.54mm NATO or .303.

'I used the assualt rifle classes because that's what I use the most although I'm sure there are other mistakes in other classes.If anyone wants to add on to this then feel free.

Now for MY opinion.
1. Juggernaut- I mean if they wanted to make a realistic game then I could see if they added a body armor perk that decreased your mobility and only affected shots to the body. However it should never take more than one shot to the head (or anywhere for that matter) from a .50 calliber barrett OR Desert Eagle to stop anyone. Elephants can be killed with those things. For the love of god.

2. Spawn Camping- Come on this is just a way to try to get a hollow win. And that's all it is.
3.Kill stealers in Free For All- I dunno it just gets on my nerves when I'm engaging a target and I get fired on from behind then I see +2 show up on my screen for the assist.

4 M203 grenade launcher (AKA noob-tube) being used by people over lvl 25- If you go to Oscar Charlie Delta.com it states that they "put this on the game for new players to be able to survive and have a chance at getting some kills." Not for people who have a good grasp on the game. So I don't want to hear "well it's on the game to use' from people that are high ranked. Atleast be honest and say " well it's an easy way to get 2+ kills cause I'm not good at surviving a fire fight."

5. Misuse of the 3 Frag perk- You guys that turn that perk on during a small map and let them fly in every direction evry time you spawn. There's not much worse than Spawning with 5 grenade indicators immediantly around you. You know it and you also know who you are.

6. Friendly airstrikes and grenades won't kill me ,but my own airstrikes and frags will will- WTF why is this?

7. (And this is a touchy one) The AK-47 does more damage than the M16. If the person is wearing body armor or hiding behind a wall than yes for sure. However the AK-47 passes cleanly (usually) through a target without dumping much of it's energy into a soft target like human felsh and organs. Small entrance wound small exit wound. However the smaller (and only by 2.1mm) 5.56 from the M16 dumps mostly all of it's energy into the target. Also it breaks apart and tumbles once it hits doing massive damage to it's target. See there's a reason that the strongest military in the world has been using it since it's inception. And that's why the Russians adopted the AK-74 for it's military leaving behind the AK-47 in 1974.

8. No Bullpups- Seriously? You wanted to put the best Assault rifles in the world on the game and you didn't put the Styer on here?

Okay that's enough for now and like I said this last section was only my personal opinion and if anyone has any comments or would like to add a word feel free.

Oh and If any of you Juggernaut/Newb-tube users out there want a piece my XBXL User names are MuRd3R MaK3R, and/or GRIMM MrFreeze come find me and I'll show you how the game needs to be played... I'll even give you the first 2 kills for free.lol.

teal-deer.gif

How about multiplayer matches with more than 8 people. Yawn.

"3. The AK-47 does more damage than the G3 and G36c, but they also fire the same round 7.62mm NATO or .308"

No, all three of those guns fire different ammunition. G3 is 7.62x51, AK47 is 7.62x39, G36C is 5.56x45. The AK should not do more damage than the G3, I agree. But it's about balancing. In return, they made the G3 more accurate. It's just for the gameplay.

"4. They AK-74 is considered a SMG but is actually 3' longer than the Ak-47 and fires a rifle round 5.54mm NATO or .303."

No, there is no AK-74 in the game. It is the AK-74U, the shorter version. Because it is shorter, it is put in the SMG class. It's more of a rifle than a SMG, but for gameplay purposes it plays more like the latter so that's why it's there. And it fires 5.45x39.

"7. (And this is a touchy one) The AK-47 does more damage than the M16. If the person is wearing body armor or hiding behind a wall than yes for sure. However the AK-47 passes cleanly (usually) through a target without dumping much of it's energy into a soft target like human felsh and organs. Small entrance wound small exit wound. However the smaller (and only by 2.1mm) 5.56 from the M16 dumps mostly all of it's energy into the target. Also it breaks apart and tumbles once it hits doing massive damage to it's target. See there's a reason that the strongest military in the world has been using it since it's inception. And that's why the Russians adopted the AK-74 for it's military leaving behind the AK-47 in 1974."

Not necessarily. The old school M16A1 from Vietnam was notorious for tumbling and causing more damage. Today, not so much anymore. The advantages of smaller caliber bullets are a) more velocity and thus range b) less recoil for more accurate automatic or burst shootings and c) less weight and thus more can be carried. It has nothing to do with "more damage".

"8. No Bullpups- Seriously? You wanted to put the best Assault rifles in the world on the game and you didn't put the Styer on here?"

I agree, there should be Bullpups. Maybe not the Styr AUG, but there should be an L85 variant since it is the main rifle of the British, after all.

And I'd like to add that Last Stand is totally stupid. I'm surprised you didn't mention it. Not only is it not realistic, but it's stupid that if you kill someone and put them to Last Stand, but then you die and someone else kills that guy, you don't even get an assist. You should get an assist for putting him in last stand if someone else finishes him off.

More than 8 people? You need the PC version man. You can play with as few or as many people as you want.

Great catch CrisisCauser, I actually put two of the three mistakes you caught in there on purpose.
3 The AK-47 does more damage than the G3 and G36c, but they also fire the same round 7.62mm NATO or .308 .
4. They AK-74 is considered a SMG but is actually 3' longer than the Ak-47 and fires a rifle round 5.54mm NATO or .303.
j
Just to see if anyone would catch them...very very slick of you and I'm glad to see you know your stuff !.! I meqan you caught the U in the AK-74, and the fact that those three guns do all fire the feared 7.62mm but with a much diffrent casing! AWESOME. And as far as the M16 tumble affect I don't know about that one man seems to me that it's still accepted as the magic bullet. And finally last stand I was going to add that and Maytrdom into it, but I wanted to give other people a chance to vent on it...which you did. Thanks for your comments but now the gig is up and everyone knows the secret(s) I'm going to give it a day and than delete your message and this one. See who else we can catch.

in the game the damage for the M16 is higher than the M4 because of the 3 round burst, if you only hit with some of the bullets the damage is reduced and closer to the M4. It's a matter of aim; if you can't hit shit, use the M4, if you can, use the M16.

Personally I use an M4 with a silencer, Bandoiler, Doubletap and deep pen, it throws out 20 some odd bullets in a second and rips folks up at range (eats up ammo though).

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as03-e.htm AK-74u
http://world.guns.ru/assault/as12-e.htm G3

The site has everything

Also, the P90 a bullpup gun, so you get one little puppy.

Also the PC version is much better than the console version, dono ow folks can play with only 8 folks in a server.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
Personally I use an M4 with a silencer, Bandoiler, Doubletap and deep pen, it throws out 20 some odd bullets in a second and rips folks up at range (eats up ammo though).

I use almost the same thing but instead of double tap I use deep impact to compensate for the damage.

I thought about the whole tri-burst on the good old M16, but if that's the fact than why is it that the three rounds do less damage than a single round from other guns? Oh, and good catch on the P-90 two more mistakes guys and you have beat me.lol

[/quote]The_Big_Cheese Posted: 15 Apr 2008 08:49 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eyebrowsbv31 wrote:

I use almost the same thing but instead of double tap I use deep impact to compensate for the damage.

HUH?

I like the G36C silenced, Bandolier, Doubletap, and Extreme con. for close quarters
and the M16 red dot, 3XStun, Stopping Power, Deep Impact for mid-long range

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod