The f*** is up with all the hate?

It's really bringing me down, how cynical and jaded most of the fanbase is lately. Every other week its a rallying cry of "fuck this company" or "fuck that game".

What the hell happened to us? Are we so old and punchy now that were just like an ourboros eating its own tail in a hobby we like? Why can't we just be happy and stop getting mad over stupid shit at this point?

I think we need to really look at all of the crap going on lately and really do something about it. Adjust our own attitudes for a moment and maybe find a way to bring a change without being wholly self-destructive. You know, some decorum in the madhouse type of stuff.

Or, we can stay miserable I guess. I don't know about you but lately thats how I have felt any time I read anything in the gaming sphere. And it's getting me fed up with all of this frankly. Maybe I just need to step away but that won't solve anything in the end if you ask me. We do need some sort of action to stop the blind hatred and the casual anger.

Or maybe i'm just nuts. I don't know anymore. Fuck it i'm rambling as it is...

Why be happy with online only DRM stuff? I mean, if you don't speak out against (or simply not buy) stupid shit like always online DRM games or always online consoles then they'll just keep doing what they're doing. Don't you think consumers should have some say what they want and don't want? Don't you think these companies would like at least some feedback from the market (which is us)?

But yeah, to really get to these companies you gotta be a lot more than just bark. Not like that Left 4 Dead Boycott bullshit.

Hate is a strong word. I would prefer dislike. We're just normal people, Links. People always complain about something. Is that not how our voices get heard? Yes, sometimes it's bologna what people will get upset about, but eventually they would continue with their lives. We all know about Adam Orth and his tweet about "always-on" connection. Thousands of people were upset, but why? So, they can get their voices heard. Don't worry, they'll just slowly cry themselves to sleep. Also, some people just complain, so they can fit in. Probably half the people if not more in world don't know what they're talking about when they argue. I'm saying that, because my local news station post news on their Facebook page. About 78% of people will comment about the post and not even read the article.

cyberjim2000 said:
Why be happy with online only DRM stuff? I mean, if you don't speak out against (or simply not buy) stupid shit like always online DRM games or always online consoles then they'll just keep doing what they're doing. Don't you think consumers should have some say what they want and don't want? Don't you think these companies would like at least some feedback from the market (which is us)?

But yeah, to really get to these companies you gotta be a lot more than just bark. Not like that Left 4 Dead Boycott bullshit.

Thats the rub, if the consumers have a say, why are they saying nothing constructive? All I see is rants and 4Chan campaigns, hackers and sable rattlers.

I think feedback would be good, but I think the feedback needs to be constructive feedback. Everyone who says vote with your wallet, do that. But actually be smart about it. Saying "I won't buy EA products" means nothing, because then you screw up developers outside of EA. Take Fuse as an example, its EA published through the partners program, but due to association they have to suffer? Or how about Blizzard games? If you are so pissed over Diablo III, stop playing WoW. I know most of you play both, or have at least, they will notice that.

If you are against DRM, don't but any PC games which usually have a DRM on them to begin with.. If you think Origin is spying on your system, don't use Steam since they changed their EULA to allow them to see in your system your preferences. If you feel you are being boned by certain practices, go full bore instead of half-measures, if that makes sense.

Tons of anger in the industry at the moment. Lots of lashing out at any single individual, of course some industry people are being quite stupid at the same time. I don't know. I'm on the fence between both sides. Yeah need to get vocal as a consumer before everything you love is destroyed by greed, but then that destruction comes a lot faster if you can't relax and enjoy.

Gaming (and gaming journalism) have just gone mainstream. It's now just as jaded, cynical, and hateful as anything else in our society.

i love everyone bro im always here for a hug if you need one

i think geeks/nerds (i'm a geek, no hate, relax) are generally anti anything that is popular. like Blizzard for example, everyone loves to hate Blizzard now just because theyre so successful despite the fact they still make great games. so I know how you feel.

reading the negativity and constant bickering gets extremely tiresome, and its just pathetic.

like daniel said though, there IS stuff that needs to be bitched about in the industry right now.. but it can be done in a MUCH more constructive way than most people on the internet do it.

calling blizzard phaggots and threatening to never play their games again isn't very constructive. but it seems to be the most popular route to take these days. and i'm just using blizzard as an example. but its one of hundreds.

I think were amongst the first generations who are able to be this cynical amongst games. People nowadays analysing narrative, graphics, plot, multiplayer, and even music. Almost on par with films. And I dont think that's a bad thing, it just shows how far the gaming technology has reached in a bunch of decades. A massive leap.

You would'nt be so analysing with Crash Bandicoot, or with Super Mario Bros, because all that mattered then was the gameplay. Sure it was a simpler time, and somewhat, a nicer time. But now that we have so much more to work with, there will be so much more to criticise.

I literally see games as interactive films now. You may as well. So I think it's ok to be so anul about everything, it may seem like no one is satisfied, but it really is just like the film world. If you think of it like that, it makes things a little better in my opinion.

The video game industry is headed for another crash because everyone involved in it are a bunch of greedy shitbags who don't care about the consumer. I yearn for the day when the headquaters of MS, EA, Blizzard, Ubisoft, etc are all burned to the ground while everyone joins hands and sings kumbaya.

Fuck EA, Fuck Blizzard, Fuck MS, Fuck Ubisoft, Fuck EA again, Fuck everyone who supports these companies and their practices.

Have a nice day.

madster111 said:
The video game industry is headed for another crash because everyone involved in it are a bunch of greedy shitbags who don't care about the consumer. I yearn for the day when the headquaters of MS, EA, Blizzard, Ubisoft, etc are all burned to the ground while everyone joins hands and sings kumbaya.

Fuck EA, Fuck Blizzard, Fuck MS, Fuck everyone who supports these companies and their practices.

That is all.

There won't be a crash. There will, however, be a contraction.

I honestly think it's growing pains, but like... with the internet. Movies and music had these same issues... being labeled as a dangerous influence, too much sex/violence/etc. But games and the internet at inseparable and the internet is growing too. Plus the hard core users out there know how to be vocal and stir shit up because gamers are more tech savvy. It's a perfect storm kind of situation.

I promote honesty, truth, and the care for my fellow gamers.

That includes calling Devs out when they lie about the tech or features of a game. We are tech savy consumers, we know when you lie.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod