Tell me what you guys think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPBFP5fs41o

It's my first fan movie, and I made it back in December. I posted it in Sony once, but it didnt really get that many responses. Zero I think. -_-

It may of been because you had to download it. Well I uploaded it to youtube for your viewing pleasure!

Opinions please :).

Also it's my first fan movie, and so far only one.

Couple suggestions, I noticed, I dunno if it was on purpose, but by the way the camera was shifting, I got the impression your car was often in last place. Try to capture you fighting for first or something.

Try to cut it more often too, to make it look like it's going faster, kinda seemed like the caution lap at the indie 500.

Oh and for your next song selection, three words:

Ready, Steady, Go.

Yea actually those werent me racing. I got all the stuff from Gametrailers.com :|.

I dont have a memory stick or anything :(.

Like I said on the info on the Youtube page I chose Du Hast, because people always use the same songs for videos. Especially Ready Steady Go for racing games...

I wanted to do something different.

Yea the camera was shifty to, because GT4 replays tend to do that :\

I watched it and here's my thoughts;

• Some of the footage in the last 20 seconds are repeated from footage near the beginning, it was a very noticable clip becuase of the blue tint and same signature car. Try to avoid using the same footage in short films, it makes the project seem like you were lazy or bored of it by the end.
  • The choice of music to me, doesn't really fit in well with the video. I like Rammstein but I don't think it all worked with the shots you used, some of it did though and moulded together with the film quite well.
  • The main focus on the film is obviously the cars, what's one of the main things people like about cars? The sound of the engine. GT4 has a large variety of engine sounds applied to each of the vehicles and it felt weird to be watching a potential engine head movie without hearing the roar of a V8.

Do a search on youtube and google video for "Top Gear". Its a petrol heads program run by the BBC in the UK. They frequently have 30 second to 2 minute short films of the cars on display while they narrate the show and give the car's specs. In these short films they make use of different camera angles, lenses, editing suit effects and music. It'd do you good to watch a few, they're pretty artsy and the Director has been put in the spotlight for them in tv guide "worth watching" sidebars just for his work on those short films.

Im suprised you didn't start with an MGS movie to be honest, but MGS is a movie in itself.

Yea racing is probably the hardest to do something on I guess.

When I make another (who knows when that will be) it wont be on a racing game. :)

Thanks for your input grey, and I did get lazy at the end, but I tryed not to recycle the footage : |

It was on accident if I did.

I don't like racing games much except on old handheld...

So I'm not much of a judge but I can't believe your dumb ass is still here :D

Anyways...yeah nice enough fan flick.

Peeeece-

Goldfish!

Re: I don't like racing games much except on old handheld...

That_Goldfish_94 said:

So I'm not much of a judge but I can't believe your dumb ass is still here :D

Anyways...yeah nice enough fan flick.

Peeeece-

Goldfish!

And I dont even remember you.

Yea the only reason i'm still here, is because I suck teh cock.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle