Well....im published now...

Hey guys.

Basically I got a job as a staff writer for a gaming website (my dream come true) and they posted my first editorial, which is a Character study series about video game characters. I wanted to share it with you all here, because I figure you all would be the most honest with me on the content.

The link I am not sure I can give out since it goes to another website, but here it is anyway.

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2011/04/cwc-squall-2/

Any comments please let me know. I wanted to post this all here but it's a kind of contract exclusivity thing now that I have to honor. Same with reviews (first professional review should be by the end of May) Let me know what you think guys.

What's the pay like....And how did you land the gig? Do you have a degree in journalism or anything? There's a couple of sites I wouldn't mind writing for. MMAfghting.com being one of them.

Lethean said:
What's the pay like....And how did you land the gig? Do you have a degree in journalism or anything? There's a couple of sites I wouldn't mind writing for. MMAfghting.com being one of them.

Pay is similar to GR, really pro-bono until I get review copies of the game, but there is a deal with the CwC stuff that I can't really discuss....

I have no journalistic training, I just like writing.

And they asked me to be a news contributor by seeing my user reviews posted on this site and their own site.

Wow Links!
Cool man! Congrats on doing what you love & the article is really well written.

I think a FF Character discussion thread should be started here sometime soon.

UrbanMasque said:
Wow Links!
Cool man! Congrats on doing what you love & the article is really well written.

I think a FF Character discussion thread should be started here sometime soon.

Thanks Urban, those years of practice here (and some keen advice from several people like Nick on writing style) have paid off. I hope I can continue to show quality work for you guys, and you all keep reading it (from here, of course. You don't have to join BT i'll just post links or something.)

LinksOcarina said:
You don't have to join BT

Begun, the forum war has.

atheism-yoda.jpg

Wow, Links. That was good. I'd say it was "really good" but then it makes it sound like I didn't expect the quality. I do though. You place quality and thought into your articles.

Good on ya, man.

Green_Lantern said:
For a place like mmafighting be sure to mention your daily roid dosage as well...It would only help.

Nice unfounded comment Green Lantern :). Because you know, sports reporters and athletes are all roid freaks.

Had time to read the article finally and it's really well written Links :). Great job and congratulations.

Just to let you guys know I have my second article up, so if you played Red Dead Redemption take a looksie....

I will post the link if need be (and chances are I will be resurrecting thing thread a ton for you all.)

There are spoilers. Hold off until you finish the game. Another good article. I'm trying to think of some good characters to suggest for future articles.

Brilliant Links. Sounds very professional, and it's an entertaining and interesting read.

Half the stuff you said made me go, "Oh yeaah..."

MattAY said:
Brilliant Links. Sounds very professional, and it's an entertaining and interesting read.

Half the stuff you said made me go, "Oh yeaah..."

That is very good thing!

And yes there are spoilers....tons of them actually. So please read at your own risk.

Im not in the business of reading entire articles, but that was good man. Keep it up. Please profile Roman Belic next or Alistar from Dragon Age.

There are actually 14 already written (that will be posted) int he next few weeks. Alistar is on my to do list....Roman I can add although if I do him it would be a double episode for him and Niko.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod