*Spoilers* Fallout 4 ps4 screenshots leak

Green_Lantern said:
Sourdeez said:
PC version screenshots at max settings!

http://imgur.com/a/Wj4dm

People are going to be pissing and moaning about those I'm sure.

Those shots do look unimpressive. I'm not sure if it's a texture resolution issue or a UV mapping issue. If the former an HD texture pack or mod can fix that. If the latter then either a patch or a mod.

Edit: A leaked screenshot of the PC menu settings may explain it as well - it bills TAA (Temporal Anti-Aliasing, which is designed for smoothing edges of moving objects in real time) as the 'best' option but in reality that's arguable for a few reasons. Not the least of which is that it makes things look blurry.

PC version options. The TAA support, DOF, and motion blur probably explains everything looking blurry.

NIyUhPO.png

I dont like DOF or motion blur at all in my games.

Why would I want to see a game blurry at 144fps? I pay a lot of money to see smooth motion without blur.

Alright guys I can't do any more leaks. I am maxed hyped and need to finish a mountain of work to free up time for the game launch.

I'm thinking that's not legitimate.

Here's why:

-No Gameworks options (Fallout 4 is confirmed to support it)
-The section says 'Graphics Adapter and Resolution' but there's no actual tab for the display adapter.
-Ambient Occlusion doesn't appear to include a possible HBAO+ setting (which it would if it supported Gameworks)
-Anti-Aliasing says TAA but does not specify generic Temporal or Nvidia's proprietary TxAA (again, standard Gameworks feature)
-It lists Temporal as best AA but it's not. It's an alternative tool with different applications. Temporal is about smoothing out edges on moving objects and does not really deal with fine-smoothing of either distant or close objects sitting still. It is supposed to be used in addition to some other anti-aliasing such as MSAA, SMAA, or CSAA. Granted that's not an absolute thing because Far Cry 4 does make that mistake.

Sourdeez said:
Why would I want to see a game blurry at 144fps? I pay a lot of money to see smooth motion without blur.
Apparently, motion blur is for people who are so used to 24fps video that anything higher makes them uncomfortable. I am definitely not one of those people. And depth of field is simply an important part of cinematography that should have no place in interactive media, except for cutscenes and such.

Smart use of DoF is useful for controlling edge issues in games with extreme draw distances when working at lower resolutions. The Witcher 3 can often show objects miles away and actually smoothing them out is a severe resource hog so DoF reducing and blurring out the edge detail altogether is a much cheaper solution from a GPU/resource standpoint.

oblivion437 said:
Smart use of DoF is useful for controlling edge issues in games with extreme draw distances when working at lower resolutions. The Witcher 3 can often show objects miles away and actually smoothing them out is a severe resource hog so DoF reducing and blurring out the edge detail altogether is a much cheaper solution from a GPU/resource standpoint.
I understand its undeniable usefulness in long sight-lines, but when my crosshair is hovering over, say, the corner of a wall in front of my face when I'm actually trying to look past it, blurring everything in the distance is just annoying.

That texture quality is 'ultra' only in the wild dreams of a madman.

oblivion437 said:
-No Gameworks options (Fallout 4 is confirmed to support it)
-The section says 'Graphics Adapter and Resolution' but there's no actual tab for the display adapter.
-Ambient Occlusion doesn't appear to include a possible HBAO+ setting (which it would if it supported Gameworks)
-Anti-Aliasing says TAA but does not specify generic Temporal or Nvidia's proprietary TxAA (again, standard Gameworks feature)
-It lists Temporal as best AA but it's not. It's an alternative tool with different applications. Temporal is about smoothing out edges on moving objects and does not really deal with fine-smoothing of either distant or close objects sitting still. It is supposed to be used in addition to some other anti-aliasing such as MSAA, SMAA, or CSAA. Granted that's not an absolute thing because Far Cry 4 does make that mistake.
A lot of this can be explained with it simply being before the day-one patch.
Gameworks was added at the last second for no good reason at all, so i guarantee that what we're seeing is what the option menu looked like for the past few years before they decided to fuck the performance up for everybody.

The AA is also one of the things i was complaining about, but if they don't end up fixing it, it's not too bad because you can just force MSAA through the CCC/NVCP.

Motion blur off, depth of field set to something gentle, force good AA and it'll be acceptable.
I look forward to the dog using 128xAA on its fur with the shitworks on.

I've grown increasingly fond of SMAA and CSAA when I can use them. The results are about as good as MSAA but with a fraction of the performance cost.

I honestly don't understand why a lot of people are complaining about Fallout 4's graphics. I think it looks great. I actually prefer the more colourful approach, rather than the muddy scheme of Fallout 3.

I'll be getting Fallout 4 on PS4, but I suspect that if/when a Game of the Year version comes out, I'll probably get that for PC instead.

I don't see the validity of comparing it to Fallout 3 for a few reasons:

-Fallout 3 came out seven years ago.
-Fallout 3 was ugly when it came out seven years ago.
-Skyrim was not ugly when it came out four years ago.
-Fallout 4 isn't competing with Fallout 3 or Skyrim for consumer dollars.
-It's competing with games like The Witcher 3, which look far better.

That said, while the visuals don't look bad to me (they're functional and that's about all I ask) the art direction is arguable - everything looks like plastic as if it were an early UE3 title with badly applied AO and Specular Highlight.

I prefer the bright plastically look to the previous fallout games, and considering some of the most popular mods are ones that add some colour back into the world (and how fellout was downloaded by everyone ever), it seems like the way to go to appeal to the most people. Less to do with the fallout universe itself (depressing grey and faded colours makes sense) and more with games having the same style for the last 10 years, it's good to find out consoles can still actually output colour.

I think i'm more OK with it simply because i remember when FO3 came out and how it was pretty badly ugly even back then, but none of it mattered because it played so well. If 4 plays as well as 3 while having these relatively pretty graphics, fucking excellent.
Hell, bethesda are the only ones who can get away with releasing a game so buggy it's essentially unplayable and STILL get GOTY awards, so if they continue their traditional trend the game could look like absolute arse and then still sell better than shinygunshooty#609.

I just pre-ordered it on PS4, because JBs have somehow managed to get it for the hilariously cheap price of $59aud (equal to like $25-30us), and i'll probably just switch over to the PC just after the GECK is released.

Why do the laser guns have recoil.

Also i agree with the comments section, dat ass means fallout is now a 3rd person RPG.
There's also no Ron Perlman in the trailer. This is disappointing, but hopefully the actual intro will have him considering he's in the credits.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo