Is the PS4 more powerful than Xbone?

madster111

Rookie
Yes.
Yes it is.

"Hey, been on the road last couple weeks so haven't had a chance to update, but wanted to confirm that for Xbox One we're 1080p upscaled from 720p. And, we're native 1080p on PS4. We optimised each console to hit 60 FPS and the game looks great on both. Still on the road, but glad to see the great reception to Extinction. Can't wait for next week's launch."

That's a pretty huge difference, guys.

Not even native 1080p?
Real great job, Microsoft. I look forward to mid-2014 when fucking netbooks are just as powerful (see: haswell refresh)

There's one good thing in all this, though. At least they went for 60FPS @ 720p instead of 30FPS @ 1080p.

madster111 said:
There's one good thing in all this, though. At least they went for 60FPS @ 720p instead of 30FPS @ 1080p.
/thread

Seems like these are launch games that had to make concessions to stay playable.

danielrbischoff said:
Seems like these are launch games that had to make concessions to stay playable.

Yep. It will look fine on both but nothing like what games on these systems will look like in two years.

I've never seen more hushed, gossipy, whispering in some circles. This was such a huge blow to Xbox... NOT.

When you get beyond a million consumers buying your game day 1, you're no longer concerned with what gamers on the internet think because you're shooting for consumers well beyond GameRevolution or Kotaku's reach. How many years did reviewers say "well, this year's madden is better, but not that much better..." and how many years did people millions of people buy successive versions of Madden? How many are still doing that?

The hardware is much more important here. If Xbox One launches and everyone gets a frozen console, that'll be the headline. That's what each of these guys are trying to control at this point.

When I talk to my friends or acquaintances about future gaming hardware purchases. We always talk about 1. game exclusives and 2. which hardware is more powerful.

and now 3. If it has shitty DRM restrictions and a camera watching you.(Microsoft back tracked and removed them thankfully.)

Sourdeez said:
2. which hardware is more powerful.

Totally. But for cross-platform third-party games, this generation has proven that it rarely matters. And a cross-gen cross-platform launch title? Forget about it.

madster111 said:
I look forward to mid-2014 when fucking netbooks are just as powerful (see: haswell refresh)

To be honest I don't really see this as hurting the consoles as much as people think. Pc gamers have gotten the best bang for the buck for generations and yet people continue to buy consoles and settle with the outdated hardware and graphics.

Maybe that advancement of hardware and steambox will change things.

used44 said:
Sourdeez said:
2. which hardware is more powerful.

Totally. But for cross-platform third-party games, this generation has proven that it rarely matters. And a cross-gen cross-platform launch title? Forget about it.
I think they put that message out there earlier this year at the multiplayer event. 60 FPS, 60 FPS... Call of Duty has always been about this right? I'm not at all surprised by the 720p thing and I'm sure Microsoft isn't either. That's why they money-hatted EA and took BF away from PS. Now CoD is in this awkward position and Microsoft is like "BF you can't talk shit about them because you're both our babies now."

I think you guys underestimate what this means.

Think about all the frat boys who don't know how to internet.
They go into Gamestop to buy a xbone with CoD and look at the displays...
Only to notice that the PS4 version looks better and is cheaper.

It's not just internet users who are gonna notice this, it's the general game buying public as well. Employees for stores are gonna have to be honest 'which one is better?'
'Well, the cheaper one has better looking games...'
And that's gonna get everyone noticing. Do you think parents are gonna be happy to fork over the extra $100 if they think little billy's gonna get a better experience on the cheaper console?
If only Sony had've kept the online free, it would've helped swing the decision even more.

Too many games these days are cross platform for exclusives to matter as much as you guys think. What does the Xbox have over the PSx? Halo?
Ain't no one give a shit about Halo anymore. Forza is awesome, yes, but i've played Forza 5 and it's shit. I genuinely do not see it being much better than GT6hd (or whatever they call the PS4 release of GT6), providing those dickheads at Polyphony actually make the cars sound like CARS this time.

As for the whole 'games will look better in 2 years' argument - yeah, they will look better on the xbone in 2 years than they do now.
And the PS4 is still gonna be more powerful and thus better looking in 2 years.

You guys played an Xbone? Did you dislike the new controller like me?
I think they went, like, 5% too small on it. Made it feel ever so slightly awkward. To be fair this might help them with that all-important 12-17yo demographic, but i remember being 13/14 and not having any complaints about the 360 controller.

Frat boys are going to play this on 360, natch. Nice try, though.

I didn't read the rest of your post because I never do.

When the PS3 and 360 were released did we have games that looked like LA Noire, The Last of Us and GTA V? No, no we did not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod