Soul Calibur IV

Wanna make a quick buck so they put starwars in it destroying the franchise credibility (or what was left) behind.

Say, do you have a PSN or wii friend code? I live in quebec too you know (go habs go!)

You know they're changing the title from Soul Calibur to Soulcalibur? Weird, eh?

Dumb idea not to have both characters in both games. If you're going to hae licsensed SW characters, at least let them fight eachother. And what are the SC Yoda and Vader storylines going to be? THey wnat Soul Edge? It just don't mke senz.

Well, they do it so they have different characters in each, like Link, Spawn, and Heihachi in 2. I don't want to get Soul Calibur to fight as characters from other series as both people anyways.

used44 said:
Dumb idea not to have both characters in both games. If you're going to hae licsensed SW characters, at least let them fight eachother. And what are the SC Yoda and Vader storylines going to be? THey wnat Soul Edge? It just don't mke senz.

Don't remember which magazine asked that question to the developers, but supposedly (the rumor is that) Yoda and Darth Vader will become downloadable content on the console version of the game they're not in. I don't see how anyone could pass up a Yoda-Darth showdown. If it doesn't happen, certain people deserve to be Force-choked.

Longo, I get why they do it, but it's still pretty dumb. Did having different unique characters in the different versions of SC2 really compel anyone to buy all three versions of the game? I doubt it.

Hopefully Nick's rumor is true.

Also, I agree with your last statement, Longo. Placing characters from other series into games seems sort of like selling out. What, the game is not good enough so you have to include Link to push some copies? :/

used44 said:

I thought it was kind of obvious. Vader is a fan of red swords, first and foremost. The whole "evil" thing is just a bonus to him.

Yoda, on the other hand, is a little harder to crack, what with having no emotions and everything. He could be trying to prevent the Sith from obtaining a weapon of such power, by wielding it himself (which is stupid, cause it'd just make him evil), or maybe by destroying the sword somehow, and restoring balance to the Force, by stopping the Sith getting evil incarnate in a sword.

But if game developers listened to me, the Golden Compass wouldn't have been such a shit game. Therefore, they must not listen to me.

used44 said:
Longo, I get why they do it, but it's still pretty dumb. Did having different unique characters in the different versions of SC2 really compel anyone to buy all three versions of the game? I doubt it.
Not so that they buy all 3 copies, but so they buy a certain copy instead of another copy.

Yeah it made me buy a GCN copy for Link, but I didn't get a PS2 or Xbox copy so I don't see how it effects profits.

I'm sure having Vader and Yoda fights available would improve sales from Star Wars fans that might not otherwise get it.

Longo_2_guns said:
Well, they do it so they have different characters in each, like Link, Spawn, and Heihachi in 2. I don't want to get Soul Calibur to fight as characters from other series as both people anyways.
At least they "medievalised" these guys (and Link was already a fantasy character anyway). Now they put Jedis in the game. Jedis! With lightsabers! Come on, how the hell is that supposed to fit in SoulCalibur's universe?

Bipumaster said:
Longo_2_guns said:
At least they "medievalised" these guys (and Link was already a fantasy character anyway). Now they put Jedis in the game. Jedis! With lightsabers! Come on, how the hell is that supposed to fit in SoulCalibur's universe?

They use the force to travel to a galaxy far far away from their own.

Return of the Jedi Luke would of been more size appropriate. I wonder if most of Yoda's moves involve jumping around in the air.

Rekkie7 said:
Return of the Jedi Luke would of been more size appropriate. I wonder if most of Yoda's moves involve jumping around in the air.
I just hope he won't be that extremely noobish type of character that's so small that only low attacks can hit him.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133