which one should I buy? tekken 5 or soul calibur 3

Well, I think we all know that Tekken can be fun for a day or two, but the Soal Calibur games can be picked up any day of the week. I still play my Soal Calibur 2 and I've played 3. It's good. And very fun. Much more orginized then Tekken in my opinion.

I own both and let me tell you this.

I played Tekken 5 for 2 weeks tops. The only thing worth doing is beating the arcade with every character. The Devil Jin minigame is crap. Also, a lot of the characters seem like very close duplicates to each other. I haven't played it since I got it, which was months ago.

I got Soul Calibur 3 almost exactly 2 months ago and I am still playing it today. It's a little more challenging, which is better imo because a challenge keeps you coming back for more. There are more characters, and each character has a unique weapon, so the characters are a lot more diverse. You can beat arcade mode with all characters, and even doing once isn't enough, as each character can take seperate paths, providing for different cutscenes. There is also a load of unique minigames and Chronicles of the Sword, which blends Soul Calibur and strategy into a whole new game. A lot of people thought the mode was not worth it, but that is why they put it in extra. Personally, I love it. Also, you gain money in pretty much everything you do, which allows you to buy more weapons and parts for the normal characters, or custom characters of your own. Which leads me to Character Creation. You can make your own character, choose their gender, their occupation, their weapon, and then their appearance, from the socks on their feet to the hair on their head. It is very diverse and chock full of replay value, providing for a lot more fun imo.

Definitely get Soul Calibur 3.

Soul Calibur 3 by far. Tons of unlockables, tons of modes, although truth be told youll get fustrated over Chronicles of the Sword, and plus creating characters is pretty fun.

Longo_2_guns said:
NEITHER! OMG HALO IS SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!11111!!!!!!!!

We're talking about fighting games here.

Go with Soul Calibur 3. There's a lot more to do.

Mortel3 said:
Longo_2_guns said:
NEITHER! OMG HALO IS SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!11111!!!!!!!!

Freakin Idiot.
No one understands my humor. I think its because these people take everything too seroiusly. I mean, get a sense of humor or i will cfind out where you live and rape your hot sister/mother/toaster.

On topic: i would say SCIII, only because of the create a fighter mode.

I too will add my voice to the chorus of Sould Calibur III. Much better fighting game, IMO.

Don't be fooled. Chronicles of the Sword (the strategy mode) is awful, completely awful. I avoided it like the plague and instead unlocked everything from vs mode.

Im a die hard Tekken fan but I have to say go with Soul Caliber. From the days of playstation's huge jewel cases up until now Tekken hasnt really grown as a series (give or take a few characters...and the fact that if you've mastered 1 skipped about another 3 games and played Tekken5 you'll notice the moves being damn near exatly the same) I personally loved Tekken5 because it's what 4 should've been. The Devil within mini game is by far the worst way to unlock a character in fighting game history. I really didnt get into soul caliber as much but it is a good game. In my unbiased opinion go with Soul Caliber3 it's the better overall game.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod