Sony vs. Microsoft vs. Nintendo

Xbox and Sony are the two i would choose to gamble over...Nintendo i can't see any hype for. I have a Xbox 360 and that's what i'm going to choose as my main console.

I have A Wii, 360, and just picked up a PS3 with my tax return so i have the Trifecta.

They each have their advantage:

Wii -I don't touch my Wii unless it's smarty pants and I have people over or I'm downloading some old school goodness.

Microsoft - Simply put, they have the games i want at the moment, it's the system my friends have and Bioware supports Microsoft.

PS3 - Processing Power, Blu-ray, and a soon (I hope) to be an amazing library. Plus I have always been a loyal PS fan.

*On a note, for those of you who say Microsoft over PS3 for price: you do realize your paying even more for 360, considering $100 for wireless connection, batteries, and yearly fees, right?

clayman637 said:
*On a note, for those of you who say Microsoft over PS3 for price: you do realize your paying even more for 360, considering $100 for wireless connection, batteries, and yearly fees, right?

Well actually you can have wired connection like i do :cry: and the you can buy rechargeable batteries....the yearly fees for Xbox Live yeah i agree is stupid but if you don't have enough for a year you can use the free trials in some games and buy 1 month or 3 month cards.

I've never tried PS3. But I can see that being the exact same as 360, but not as big of a community. Mainly because it's not been released for as long!

Wii is fun and all. Its revolutionary controls and all that. But I personally get a little sick of it, I'd rather just have a controller.

I think Wii and PS3 are on par, but with time PS3 will probably dominate - the only reason it isn't yet is because 360 have nicked a lot of PS exclusive licenses.

UghRochester said:
clayman637 said:

Well actually you can have wired connection like i do :cry: and the you can buy rechargeable batteries....the yearly fees for Xbox Live yeah i agree is stupid but if you don't have enough for a year you can use the free trials in some games and buy 1 month or 3 month cards.

True that, I sometimes forget that not everyone has wireless. I have router so all my systems and computers are wireless.

The point I was getting at is that While each system is different in price, your going to spend more money to get the full effect. I know it's common sense but it can be surprising.

I bought my Wii first because it was the cheapest. but after getting 4 remotes, 4 nunchucks, and a classic controller I realized I could of gotten a 360 which i would have preferred. I just wanted the Wii for drunken party flailing.

I am saying sony because ive been a loyal fan of it since PSX came out and have never owned a XBOX 360 so its sony

The_Big_Cheese said:
Why $400? Can't you just get the arcade version for $200? I actually have to buy another 360 myself because of the red ring (towel trick for now) and disk read error(after playing +30mins, thankfully you can install games) and the extended 3 year warranty had expired for me.
Cause literally everything else in my room is Black.
Meaning i have to get the elite because when my elite is in place, my room looks kick ass.
My friends wite Pro just looks too out of place.

That, and the fact that the elite is faster.
Seriously. The Elite 360 is faster than the Pro, at least at reading the HDD that is. On GH4, it loads up songs from the HDD a LOT faster than the Pro.
The Xbox 360 is Elite is for some reason, faster.
And i'm an impatient bastard.

Downside?
apparently, the warranty on the 160w elite (my one..the 1337 elite) is only 1 year anyway. So even if i had managed to keep it unscratched, i wouldn't have warranty.

Oh, and i did the towel trick.
It stopped working after the 7th time.
So now i have to do the haridryer+towel trick, which makes it get do hot it melts the case, and even then it will only last like a day.

I'd have to say MS gets most of my money that is spent on gaming. Most of my games are bought for the 360, most of the downloadable content is purchased via XBL. I love Windows OS and have no problem using MS products.

Sony would be second - Money I spend on movies goes towards blu ray movies and if it's put out by Sony Pictures or Columbia (I think Sony has ties to them?) then there's a little bit of money in their pocket.

For PR, running a good marketing campaign I stand behind MS. Sony resorted to too much mud-slinging and arrogance.

Well, I got hooked on games because of my old PS1 and my N64 (both still functioning, I might add) which both had games a snot nosed, six-year-old kid would be interested in. (Syphon Filter & MGS1 on the PS, Goldeneye and pretty much any other James Bond game on the N64)

But I slowly faded towards the Nintendo side of things because of price issues and got a Gamecube. Started out okay, until I realized I was the only one in town who didn't have Halo or one of the numerous forms of GTA. I felt like an outcast to society because Mario and Metroid simply just weren't cutting it. I had a thirst for pixelated blood.

A few years later, the "next-gen" consoles were slapping me in the face. I simply HAD to had one of them. Once again, price was an issue so I got a Wii. Quite the mistake. Again no good games, their so-called "revolutionary controls" still had me sitting on my fat a**, and after a year it's broken down. I'm done with Nintendo, but my 6 year run with them took up a nice sum of my (parents) money.

I refuse Microsoft. I've seen 8 Red Rings Of Death (not an exaggeration). So congrats, you've lost this guy. (Though my best friend has a 360, so I still don't miss out on any great titles... still not a moocher though!)

So now, I've gone back to basics and Sony is my best friend again. All of my 2008 money I earned went toward my PS3, and I couldn't be more satisfied. It has a still continuing library of games, free online, built-in wireless capability, and an amazingly low failure rate. (Where are people getting that PS3's are so expensive??)

So thank you Sony, for making me cream my panties.

used44 said:
I own near 100 Xbox games and something like 80 Xbox360 games. I have a PS2 that I got only a few years ago and it gets used heavily, but most of those games are cheap now. I've also got a DS with lots of games and Wii with a few games, but my money by far goes more to MS.

jesus. how rich are you?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle