So I had a fun time today

Mod-Chip

Rookie
zVlRl.jpg

He a funny man.

Rainemaida said:
Nice, what are you doing in the states?

...err...I've been here for the past 5 years.

WickedLiquid said:
Jon Stewart is hilarious, so is Stephen Colbert. How was the show? Who was on?

The show was excellent...though honestly it was a little disconcerting seeing the dissonance between Daily-Show-as-seen-on-TV vs. Daily-Show-in-the-studio...like whenever they cut to a video clip he is prepping his face for the reaction...so when the camera goes back to him he's all ready. Also, the first five seconds of the show where they're like "Live from New York, this is the Daily Show with Jon Stewart..." you can see him do this pretty intense warm-up exercise with his face and gestures...like seriously pumping himself full of energy.

The other cool thing was that before taping the show he does an off-the-cuff thing with the audience and allows us to ask him questions.

Also Rich Sommer, the Mad Men actor was in the audience, and for a few minutes I did this meta thing where I watched him watch the show...err..yeah.

As to who was on...watch it! :D

I remember going to a Letterman show back in 1999 and he was awesome before the show. He just chatted with the audience and joked around. I'm jealous. I would love to go to the Daily Show.

That's awesome.

The closest I ever got was I met Conan O'Brien in an airport. When I was five.

I've always wanted to go to a taping of a show I liked whenever I'm in NY. I'd love to go to a daily show, colbert report, Late Night w/ Jimmy Fallon or SNL taping.

Green_Lantern said:
How long did you have to wait for that ticket?

There is a subreddit for NYC, and I was just browsing through it (as I do daily), and someone put up a post that said that tickets were still available. When I clicked the link it said 8 tickets were left, I click to confirm, and when I re-checked it for a friend lo and behold...all gone!

danielrbischoff said:
I heard that SNL is ridiculously hard to get tickets to. Like you HAVE to know someone in the production.

Still??? Wow, I would've thought after the last ten years of SNL it would be easy to get tickets. I guess it's the musical guests that keep people coming.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle