Skyrim. PC or 360?

Guernica

Rookie
I'm not sure if I should preorder Skyrim for PC or 360. PC obviously has the modding community and might look a bit better but I only have a 27in monitor whereas I have a 55in tv for the xbox. And no I'm not hooking the PC up to the HDTV.

So which should I get. Does the modding community and better graphics of the PC version outweigh the huge screen size?

I imagine modding wont come out for a quite a while? And the scenery in Skyrim looks absolutely breath-taking, making the big screen a solid choice. But I'm sure framerate and graphics will be better for PC...and hotkeys on consoles suck, especially with ES which has like hundreds of spells!...

...I'm not really helping am I ;)

I'm getting it on PS3 first, playing the full vanilla experience thoroughly, then getting it for PC. Possibly when the GotY edition comes out.

Don’t forget you will probably play for hours and hours. Which would you rather sit on, the couch or your computer chair? Most of the time I’d say PC is the way to go, but you might want to think of your backside. :wink:

It could go either way. I bought Morrowind for both the Xbox and the PC and played the crap out of it on the PC. I bought Oblivion for both the xbox 360 and the PC and I played the crap out of it on the xbox. I did however absolutely love the mods in Morrowind that the computer population had.

Also, I thought I heard somewhere that the consoles would have some sort of mod community or something, might want to look into it.

As for me, since I'm about to drop a grand on a new computer I will probably get Skyrim for the PC then.

Wait, seriously? This is really a question?

If you have a PC that can run Skyrim, PC. This isn't a question. There is no uncertainty in this statement in the slightest.

Longo_2_guns said:
If you have a PC that can run Skyrim, PC. This isn't a question. There is no uncertainty in this statement in the slightest.

I'm gonna go ahead and quote this for effect.

Longo_2_guns said:
Wait, seriously? This is really a question?

It can run Skyrim but probably not at max settings. Also 27in vs 55in.

^Do you really care about graphics that much? Yeah, it looks nice, but come on, Bethesda-anything PC gameplay blows anything on 360 out of the fucking water. I dunno why it's up for debate tbh

I've never owned a Bethesda game on PC so I don't really know the differences between the console and PC versions besides graphics and modding. Maybe if you give me some reasons it's better on PC than on my 55in TV, rather than just saying it's no contest, I can understand why and be more inclined to buy the PC version.

Thing is I'm not hooking my pc up to the tv. TV is for the consoles, movies and satellite. PC is for games, skype/internet. For whatever reason I just don't like hooking the pc upto the tv.

Green_Lantern said:
Longo_2_guns said:

I'm gonna go ahead and quote this for effect.

Triple quote. 55 inches in fine, but you have to sit a good mile back. 27 inches is big enough, almost too big for serious gaming.

And mods will take like..ten seconds? Get it for PC, it'll look and play better, and you won't need a card catalog for the 15 xbox disks it comes on.

lokness said:
Do i take the front seat?

or the back?

OP is a phag

Just trying to figure out what my best option is.
But if you want to make an ass out of yourself go right ahead.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle