Skyrim PC - 360 controller?

Just wondering if anybody knows if the PC version of Skyrim will be set up to use a 360 controller without me having to configure a 3rd party device like Xpadder. I figured Oblivion would, but it had major problems for me, and I was never able to get it to work.

...why? Why would you use a controller? *scratches head* You got like a small laptop?

the_mighty_toast said:
Just wondering if anybody knows if the PC version of Skyrim will be set up to use a 360 controller without me having to configure a 3rd party device like Xpadder. I figured Oblivion would, but it had major problems for me, and I was never able to get it to work.
No hard details on this yet, but they've said that the 360 was lead platform in some way or another so chances are probably better than they were with oblivion.

Man, screw all of you. I'm getting it for PS3 and I'm playing it with a sweet DualShock 3 controller.

...then getting GotY for PC, and playing it with a mouse and keyboard.

De-Ting said:
Man, screw all of you. I'm getting it for PS3 and I'm playing it with a sweet DualShock 3 controller.

...then getting GotY for PC, and playing it with a mouse and keyboard.
The copy Bethesda sent me is 360 but yeah basically this for me too.

Lien said:
...why? Why would you use a controller? *scratches head* You got like a small laptop?

Not really, my laptop has a 18.4 inch display, and can play Skyrim on max settings

But its hooked up to a 58" TV, which is 1080P. Laptop is only 720.

Not to mention that the controls for Oblivion felt WAAAAY more natural on 360 than PC to me. I beat Oblivion on 360, and later on played it on PC, and I struggled with those controls. Ive since gotten better, so it wouldn't be the end of the world to have to use the keyboard and mouse...but nothing is better than being able to lay back on the couch, without having to worry about a steady surface for a mouse, and one hand holding my bulky ass laptop up...

SO much more comfy to lay back and use a controller

Longo_2_guns said:
Yeah, what Lien said. This is a mouse/keyboard game.

This is why Skyrim is making me sad.

Really? Why would somebody wanting to play Skyrim with a controller make you sad? They do make anti-depressants for people who get sad for no real reason, man.

Yeah gotta admit, when i played assassin creed on the PC, i found out it was way more comfortable with a 360 controller... But for oblivion? come on! there was less controls and less features when using a 16 buttons controllers. The keyboard added more feels and control to your character, also hotkeying was a major plus to me.

But then... you do have a BIG TV so yeah.. you don't want hunched over that...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod