Skinned or Unskinned

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by monkeygoat, Mar 24, 2007.

?

Have you been circumcised?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. One

One Rookie

Female genital mutilation is just that, mutilation. In a male circumcision they only remove the foreskin, but in female circumcision (obviously depending on the case) it can vary from removing the clitoral hood (which I doubt is illegal) to removing the labia minora and clitoris, then sewing up the labia majora to leave only a small hole for peeing and bleeding (yay for my immature terms :D) which is definitely illegal.

So the equivalent to male circumcision would not be illegal.

2. voice-

voice- Rookie

Uncut, and I can't understand why I'd want to be.

3. Frodo_Bag_Feet

I have a penis!

Actually I'm cut, but they did a poor ass job on it so I have enough skin to flip it back and fourth.

4. maca2kx

maca2kx Rookie

Actually from a quick read up from various sites it seems that the West considers female circumcision to be a violation of human rights and therefore illegal. It didn't differentiate between the different extents of circumcision although I accept that there are variations.

Sam

5. One

One Rookie

Labiaplasty and hoodectomy are not illegal, and are common practice. You are probably reading about female genital mutilation which means they are most likely talking about the removal of the clitoris as well.

6. maca2kx

maca2kx Rookie

/\ In that case let's just say I find it abhorrent and the only thing that stops me saying the same about male circumcision is that it's so ingrained in Western society, even this doesn't make me accept it though.

Sam

7. One

One Rookie

Labioplasty is about vanity, and often-times comfort.
    Hoodectomy is about heightening sexual pleasure.

They are both procedures that grown women elect to have performed. It's not by force so I don't really see a problem with them.

Removing a babys foreskin on the other hand... well they have no say!

8. maca2kx

maca2kx Rookie

/\ Well I'm talking about any procedure that's performed on a child who has no say in the matter unless it's done to prevent subsequent harm to that child.

Sam