Sig pics

The_Nes_Man

Rookie
I tried putting in a sig pic, and a message came up saying that it had to be at the most 200 pixels wide and 25 pixels high. Er, don't you think that's a little too small?

200 by 25 is a little on the small side, but I don't have any problem with it. Sig pics are just a way for the witless to leave an impression anyway.

masterchris said:
You can always just take the hint and get rid of them.
Isn't preventing my creative and artistic expression censorship? I believe so. I do believe rules should be in place but to force members from not having signature pic because some people have slow internet connections or don't know how to make one very well, its just plain wrong. How else am I suppose to express my artistic side if sigs are pretty much banned?

XboxLiveLover said:
masterchris said:
Isn't preventing my creative and artistic expression censorship? I believe so. I do believe rules should be in place but to force members from not having signature pic because some people have slow internet connections or don't know how to make one very well, its just plain wrong. How else am I suppose to express my artistic side if sigs are pretty much banned?

If you're going to bitch about being free to display your artistic creativity then sign up to Deviant Art. Sig Pics are just a fun little gimmick here.

XboxLiveLover said:
masterchris said:

Aside from what Grey said I don't know how it works in America but here things like that only apply to State bodies (police, civil servants and so on), private institutions can set rules for what they want. As GR is a private business and not owned by the State they set the rules, we abide by them. It's not a democracy, though the GRandmasters do ask for our suggestions and listen to it when we provide it they have the final say.

Sam

BS, if you really want to show off your artistic skills, I'll make a thread in Misc that says "BlackStar: Post your art here!" and you can post whatever you want in there.
That okay?

Personally, I don't want to see you showing off your artistic skills every time you say something, every time I enter a thread you've posted in. I think art is wonderful, and I'm all for the artist that's in each of us.. I just don't like seeing it all the time.

Signature images were restricted to 25px high I assume because they wanted to give you something to satisfy your urge to bombard everyone with your art, while at the same time shielding those of us who do not wish to be bombarded from having to be totally "blinded by the light" (note: there is no light). Presumably once Duke has had a chance to weigh in, he will make a decision either for or against them, and on size limits if applicable.

I don't even care anymore to be honest. At first I was upset since I actually took the time to make an original sig pic. Only to find out that it's 50 pixels too high and 25 too wide.

Ah well, fuck it.

IM glad I picked my one of my older tags im more fond of then, but I have something lined up incase I feel like a change. :)

So I can't use a live-generated sig like this audioscrobbler one:
dongero.png

Or the X-Fire one that Mrp uses.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle